Active Topics

Notices

Ok, I first want to say I love GPE calendar. The problem I have with it though is that when an alarm goes off, unless your volume on the device is set to full, you can't hardly hear it. I want to be able to have my volume set to whatever level I want, and still have the alarm just about blow me away when it goes off. I know that if I set a normal alarm on the device it'll do that, but it doesn't seem to do that in GPE calendar. Is there any way to correct that?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
I'm not sure an app ought to be able to override the set volume. Sounds like an app specific volume in the os is the way to go.

fwiw, my problem with gpe's alarm is more along the lines that my colleagues mistake it for the fire alarm. too alarming.

gpe + more flexible alarms would be a big win.

Well, I don't need it to overrule or take control of the system volume. I need it to do like the regular alarms do and play at max volume even if the volume is turned all the way down. So yeah, app specific volume would be the way to go.

*bump*

Still looking for an answer to this question. I'd like to boost the alarm volume on GPE Calendar. Or at the very least change the sound file to something loud and annoying.

Funny. I stumbled over this thread because I wanted to find a way to make it less loud and annoying.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Funny. I stumbled over this thread because I wanted to find a way to make it less loud and annoying.
Me too.... anyone?