Notices

Originally Posted by sangean99 View Post
This ZIP does not help. If you uninstall v 2010.10.17, then that whole directory disappears. If you re-install, then the portrait config is still set and problem still exists. So it means that setting is stored somewhere else. So till Martin fixes it you should use v 2010.09.11
The ZIP does work for me, żdo you tried to install it?. I unistall and install Mediabox again and don't work for me. But later i tried to launch it from xterm and said me something was wrong with window.py, after i decide to replace the file from the backup and everything work again.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
4) Lyric features: i like the much bigger album art now and the lyric feature may try to include previous-and-next line of lyric, OR to show the whole lyric in Karaoke style.
I'm a fan of this idea!

Originally Posted by Michmo View Post
The ZIP does work for me, żdo you tried to install it?. I unistall and install Mediabox again and don't work for me. But later i tried to launch it from xterm and said me something was wrong with window.py, after i decide to replace the file from the backup and everything work again.
I uninstalled v10.17 and installed v9.11 and it works ok, because that doesnt have that portrait feature yet.

You have the backup v 2010.09.11 right?
And not 2010.10.17, right? Thats why your backup works I guess.

Originally Posted by sangean99 View Post
I uninstalled v10.17 and installed v9.11 and it works ok, because that doesnt have that portrait feature yet.

You have the backup v 2010.09.11 right?
And not 2010.10.17, right? Thats why your backup works I guess.
mmmm... yes, i made the backup two months ago, but only some files because i have the portrait mode option yet.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I'm a fan of this idea!
I'm too.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hey pycage,

Great work on MediaBox. I just installed the 1011111 release today. I kinda like the new scrollbar and the track information across the bottom in blue is nice. However, two requests/issues that I have:
  1. I can no longer click the album art or blue note to pause the track (which means I have to have better aim when pausing in traffic ;
  2. Starring tracks for later resuming no longer works.

Will these be coming back in some future release?

Thanks,
--vr

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Hey pycage,
  1. I can no longer click the album art or blue note to pause the track (which means I have to have better aim when pausing in traffic ;

--vr
i think the volume bar is more harder to control as compared to the pause button. as the touchscreen sensitivity is alot weaker at the edges, controlling volume is difficult, especially when trying to do it in portrait mode with one hand.

if the pause feature is to come back i hope it can be turn on and off.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I agree with the idea of show previous and next line of lyrics.

And I would add to the idea, full screen feature and bigger font.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I'm a fan of this idea!
4) Lyric features: i like the much bigger album art now and the lyric feature may try to include previous-and-next line of lyric, OR to show the whole lyric in Karaoke style.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Hey pycage,

Great work on MediaBox. I just installed the 1011111 release today. I kinda like the new scrollbar and the track information across the bottom in blue is nice. However, two requests/issues that I have:

Will these be coming back in some future release?

Thanks,
--vr
One other thing I noticed today. I was playing an mp3 that has the album art embedded in the file, and the icon, instead of being roughly the same size as the blue note, was ginormous. It took up the entire screen from the player controls to the far left edge, and partially hidden by the position indicator and the blue track information bar.

hey, martin....just a quick suggestion: do you think it would be possible to do some kind of volume normalization on videos (or any audio for that matter)?

i set up youtube for my kids to watch (thanks for the option to autoselect the video quality - this is a real life saver!) and some videos are too loud while some are too soft.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules