Notices

Originally Posted by oskarmat View Post
Hi,

after installing Qstardict on your n900,

go to

http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down2/inde...ormat=StarDict

and download the dictionaries you want.

Extract them in a folder in your pc.

Connect the n900 via usb and create a folder for the dictionaries (e.g. documents\dict)

copy all of the extracted dictionaries from the computer to the n900 folder that you just created.

disconnect the n900 from the pc and open the qstardict app.

Go to Menu\COnfigure
plugins tab
stardict (make sure a V is on its left)

and click on the wrench tool. Then click on the plus and point it the folder where you previously put the dictionaries.
go back and select the "dictionaries" tab

make sure all the dictionaries are listed and have a V (meaning they are active)

That's it

let me know if it's not clear.
I did everything as guided by you. But when I click on the wrench tool, nothing happens. Unable to point to the dictionaries folder. Please help.

Hi,

I tried this just as you explained but when I try to click the wrench on "plugins" tab, nothing happens!? I am using Qstardict v0.13.2. any idea what could be the problem?

ride

Hi,

go to

Connect the n900 via usb and create a folder for the dictionaries (e.g. documents\dict)

copy all of the extracted dictionaries from the computer to the n900 folder that you just created.

Go to Menu\COnfigure
plugins tab

and click on the wrench tool. Then click on the plus and point it the folder where you previously put the dictionaries.

make sure all the dictionaries are listed and have a V (meaning they are active)

That's it

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
Originally Posted by ride View Post
Hi,

I tried this just as you explained but when I try to click the wrench on "plugins" tab, nothing happens!? I am using Qstardict v0.13.2. any idea what could be the problem?

ride
If you're using PR1.3, does it work better if you use this version instead?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
If you're using PR1.3, does it work better if you use this version instead?
@FBergon:
Thanks trying to help us. I have the same error: the wrench button isnt working after updating to PR1.3.

But how can i try to install the version "...3fb2"? i tried a lot of links but it isnt working by now. could you send me an link for installation or send me the steps to do it manually?

thanks in advance and i will answer you soon if it works with that version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR-n900user For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
Actually, the version to download is rather this one. You must enable the extras-devel repository to download it. Search on the forum to know how to do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
As I have dictionaries with images (never mind that QStarDict doesn't display them), I didn't want Images Viewer to index the dictionaries folder.

So I changed it to /home/user/MyDocs/stardict/.hidden/dic

As GUI generally doesn't display folders beginning with dot, I changed it directly in the configuration file. Its location:
/home/user/.config/qstardict/qstardict.conf

Best wishes.

Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
Actually, the version to download is rather this one. You must enable the extras-devel repository to download it. Search on the forum to know how to do that.
thanks a lot.
So it finally works:

I followed the link: http://wiki.n900.de/Repositories to add the repository "Maemo Extras Devel" in my programm manager. Then after waiting quite a long time i could refresh my program list an the new added version of QStarDict was offered. I downloaded it and it works.
The wrench tool can be used again.

So thx a lot!! QStarDict is way better then MStarDict

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR-n900user For This Useful Post:
Hi,

go to

Go to Menu\COnfigure
plugins tab

That's it

i did what u said..i put dictionary.tar.bz2 in a floder for MyDocs and browsed as u said..but not showing in dictionaries tab..what can i do

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by vijayrajakiran View Post
i did what u said..i put dictionary.tar.bz2 in a floder for MyDocs and browsed as u said..but not showing in dictionaries tab..what can i do
That doesn't look as if you had EXTRACTED those files.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ South Africa
Can anyone help?
I copied all 3 of the extracted dictionary files from the computer to the n900 folder that I created /stardict/dic/stardict-eng_eng_main-2.4.2
NOTE that in the N900 I CAN see these three files in File manager!

I then disconnect the n900 from the pc and open the qstardict app.

I tap QStarDict at the top & tap Configure, go to Plugins tab,
select stardict (made sure a V is on its left next to the ticked box)
and I click on the wrench tool. Then I click on the plus and point it to the folder (/stardict/dic/stardict-eng_eng_main-2.4.2) which is where I put the 3 dictionary files - (.dz .idx & .ifo) & I then see the message (no files/folders) on the screen ????? Any ideas why I can't see the files?

Just an update to this .... I just installed FreOffice & then installed MStardict and both ALSO cannot read ANY files in any folders
What is going on?

Last edited by Evok; 2010-11-16 at 11:08.

Tags
help wanted, qtstardict