Originally Posted by dmj726 View Post
Crogge: The end of that cable is not shaped right. You would have to file two of the metal corners off.

Have you tried to cut those corners and tried if the cable works? I already ordered mine from DX and I think I will do some violence to make it fit..

Originally Posted by n900FANATIC View Post
Hello friends i tried hen beta 0.28 with n900 pr 1.3 and kernel power flasher 45

this app is incredible

and i can conect a pendrive , a mouse and a keyboard and a jostick and a hub with 4 usb ports with energy adaptor .

I have connected a joystick, a mouse, a keyboard, a USB at the same time with a usb hub.

all run very well, mouse energy and move , keyboard mapping correct and writting and jostick play well, i dont know , why other people say that this application do not running

i played with muppen 64 n64 emulator xena princcess game with 4 gamepad , 2 usb gamepad and 2 ps3 sixaxis

ps3 sixaxis and hid scripts problem , but I solved this

well only with hen and any commands with xterminal, only for developers , not newbies asking , thanks,

well application go ! go! go!

in youtube more videos with hen running mouse and keyboards and pendrive ,

it is very real

bye friends
How do you make it work with the new kernel v45?? mine seem not able to download the i2c-tools....

pls help me out... thanks a bunch...

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by Jultsu View Post
Hey guys,

I plugged in my USB audio interface, and n900 recognized it correctly

[83332.446411] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=08bb, idProduct=2704
[83332.446441] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[83332.446502] usb 1-1: Product: USB Audio DAC
[83332.446502] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Burr-Brown from TI
[83332.446563] hub 1-0:1.0: state 7 ports 1 chg 0000 evt 0002
[83332.446655] hub 1-0:1.0: port 1 enable change, status 00000103
[83333.026641] usbhid 1-1:1.2: usb_probe_interface
[83333.026672] usbhid 1-1:1.2: usb_probe_interface - got id
[83333.035034] input: Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio DAC as /class/input/input18
[83333.131317] generic-usb 0003:08BB:2704.0001: input: USB HID v1.00 Device [Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio DAC ] on usb-musb_hdrc-1/input2
[83333.133331] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[83333.133361] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver

now the only problem is, how do i make the usb device default for all audio output?
HI,

Were you able to get sound through it? I don't mean as your default device but at all, as a test? I'm attaching a short python script to enumerate your output and input devices as gstreamer would see them. Be interesting to see the output as to whether gstreamer can see the device. If so you could potentially route your sound out through it in addition to the main output (which you could always run to a null headset).

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import gst

sink=gst.element_factory_make("pulsesink","mysink")

sink.probe_property_name("device")
devs = sink.probe_get_values_name("device")

print
print "sink devices"

for dev in devs:
  print dev

sink=gst.element_factory_make("pulsesrc","mysrc")

sink.probe_property_name("device")
devs = sink.probe_get_values_name("device")

print

print "source devices"

for dev in devs:
  print dev

print
Attached Files
File Type: gz gst_devices.py.tar.gz (287 Bytes, 100 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NOkk3r1 View Post
Have you tried to cut those corners and tried if the cable works? I already ordered mine from DX and I think I will do some violence to make it fit..
Someone posted here that they did this and it worked...try searching for it.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I hope this thread is appropriate for my problem; I apologize in advance if not.

Since the h-e-n project doesn't provide any more its own kernel but advices to use the latest Titan's power kernel, I imagine that any issue concerning usb and power kernel could be of interest to the h-e-n developers.

Here's the problem. The latest usb host enabled power kernels, namely ver 45 and ver 46, do not allow my device to enter mass storage mode when connecting through usb to a host computer (host mode for the n900 instead works well through h-e-n).

When I connect my n900 to the host computer, dmesg shows
Code:
twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: HW_CONDITIONS 0xd0/208; link 2
when I disconnect, shows
Code:
twl4030_usb twl4030_usb: HW_CONDITIONS 0x50/80; link 1

To get again mass storage, I have to flash the hostmode-enabled kernel power ver 40 by MohammadAG. And also this one doesn't work always reliably; at times I have to reboot to get a working usb mass storage mode.

My hardware revision is 2101.

Is there someting in the patches that needs to be tweaked to allow both host mode and mass storage? Or - maybe - is there something that can force the usb port back in mass storage state?

Thanks.

EDIT: while experimenting more, I have reinstalled kernel power ver 46 and connected the power supply before connecting an host computer via usb. This time mass storage gets on.
Is it possible that power supply "primes" the usb interface to work as expected?
I'll experiment more and report.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-11-19 at 07:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Since the h-e-n project doesn't provide any more its own kernel but advices to use the latest Titan's power kernel, I imagine that any issue concerning usb and power kernel could be of interest to the h-e-n developers.
sure it is, many thanks
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post

EDIT: while experimenting more, I have reinstalled kernel power ver 46 and connected the power supply before connecting an host computer via usb. This time mass storage gets on.
Is it possible that power supply "primes" the usb interface to work as expected?
I'll experiment more and report.
Sure this is possible. Most recent powerkernel (also 45?) reverts a patch Nokia implemented into 1.3: https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...63106c4#patch9
+ * Fixes: NB#161191 - Rover does not differentiate charging downstream port
+ from dedicated charger
This is the CPU-hog that locks N900 @ 500MHz even while on wallcharger. (N900 thinks it's connected to a host instead a charger). If this isn't reverted properly, it sounds reasonable it might not notice host anymore, unless previously connected to a charger.

Please report about it to titan (powerkernel maintainer)

[edit]
for forcing back into device mode you may try two things:
enable vboost for a short moment, while bme still running.
try to force device into b_idle state, reset hub, dunno what else. For the whole wealth of available cmds do a
Code:
tail -f /var/log/syslog&
cat >/proc/driver/musb_hdrc
?
also a cat /proc/driver/musb_hdrc to check actual state might be informative, and will help to debug the issue (sorry, I can't duplicate it right at the moment)
cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-11-19 at 08:09.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
No problem with host mode. mine perfectly goes to USB pc mode when connecting to pc

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Sorry for off-topic. Has this been here already?
Nokia N900 Connecting via Ethernet cable and USB-RJ45 adapter

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
I can confirm that the following OTG cable works without any mods on the N900:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
This particular bidding had ended, but I'm sure the item has been reposted (multiple times) already.

Funny fact is that the cable, despite being advertised so, shouldn't work on the N8, as the N8 got a square USB connector AFAIK.

Cable in action

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Sorry for off-topic. Has this been here already?
Nokia N900 Connecting via Ethernet cable and USB-RJ45 adapter
Quite usefull when aboard without wifi and dataplan. Wounder if something needs to be done to get it work, drivers etc? Enyone know?

Last edited by toxaris; 2010-11-19 at 14:47.

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host