Active Topics

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by nman View Post
+1 scrollbars
+1 flash 10.1
Browser Java plugin
Recurring Tasks
Bluetooth headset control music playback
Last one is already supported? BH-505 headset has play/pause/skip/scan & volume controls which work with all audio/video files in the standard media player.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by dip_460 View Post
I am dying for the JAVA support...
What color? :P

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Java missing was the reason for me to get the n900

Kidding aside, yes accelerated flash 10.1 (even buggy, beta, etc) would be great (as it was demoed before it SHOULD be easy)

Ohter than that the n900 *is* the best phone to date - at least for me.

best phone to date? in that case;

1. portrait mode (i read somewhere that it is possible, but hard to create)

2. flash 10 (tweakflash did the trick, but a full flash 10 support would be better)

3. snappier transition (hates whenever a call comes in, the screen will rotate erratically over minor movements)

4. built in 3g video calling (not everyone uses Skype)

5. that's pretty much it i guess. portrait mode is the biggest win for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Armand360 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I don't think 5 improvements will make it the best phone upto date, it might make it worth the asking price however.

My five for what it is worth.
Flash 10 would be nice. The amount of web pages going for it is getting silly and every day limits the kind of web pages I can view.

Ring tones for different contacts, (No the app doesn't cut it, I want to have it ring immediatly the call comes in, not take 15 seconds to decide what to do as by then the person hung up) YES I know it isn't a phone (Despite online reatilers selling it as such.)

MMS, I don't use it all the time but when I do I need it to work and fMMS while a good gap filler, isn't the same thing.

More control over pictures and file explorer. I want it to default to camera folder (or one of your choice) not catalogue all 5000 or whatever images then show you them all and have you filter them afterwards. I installed some games and EVERY image from them has to be looked at, so wargus, dune, duke nukem have given me a few hundred. WHY would I want to view them?

Ovi maps. I would say ovi suite but 'nokia pc suite' does a basic job of syncronising. However Ovi maps is just dire, no voice directions and the UI is appalling compared to any other sat nav, I still can't get my head round how to do basic navigation without drinking battery while I think and argue with the screen interface. Only few times I have needed to use it, I have just been horrified at how bad it is. 25 mins, half my battery to find out it can't display the roads in the middle of London because it thinks I am in the middle of a beige place with no roads. So at least if Nokia could sort that rubbish out.

That limits it to 5, but I think we all know after the little amount of stuff in the other PR 1.2 and 1.3 shows Nokia's support of the n900 and Maemo is lack luster to say the least. Nothing new will be coming unless from the community and they won't fix bugs they introduce so what hope is there for the future.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
And dont forget about:
- FULLHD/HD video recording and playback!
- ARM Cortex A9 OTA hw upgrade
- the OTA module that forces your N900 to become a transformer that would travel you to Mars

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
#1 Java support
#2 Flash 10

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
.jar j2me (A huge quantity of programms available on getjar.com)

Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
I think it would be better and easier to get a more complete Ovi Maps (assuming Nokia is porting it to Qt for Symbian, it should be quite an easy port to Meego, which should be compatible enough with Maemo to make it a no-brainer).
Except that Ovi Maps is, as far as I understand it, not free for all but included in the price of the telephone. Meaning closed source with licensing applied. I am guessing it would be more like using the Google app blobs, with what restrictions those come with.

I can be wrong about the closed source thing, but I know Nokia stated free didn't mean free, it meant included in the price.

As to 5 things to wish for in PR 1.4, I fail. My brain instantly goes "Do not try and bend PR 1.4 - that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth..."

Also, at this point, there will be no adding new functionality. We've passed that phase. New functionality = MeeGo.

Last edited by volt; 2010-11-18 at 14:08.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
the last release is pr1.4
not more release are delivery.

The Following User Says Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:

Tags
mmm nice & pert, pert 1.4 mmm, pr1.4, will save the, world