Notices

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
apt (and all programs on top of apt like HAM and fapman) works like this: referenced by a sources.list it grabs some informational catalogues form specified repositories and builds some kind of lokal database out of them. This lokal database you can use as long as you want to but it is only as actual as your last update. Therefore it is usable for offline searching in the database but you will not see newer updates until you re-download the catalogues again (e.g. run the update).
Upgrading instead means bringing an installed application to a newer version. This requires in first place to have an updated database of available applications (e.g. having run the update). Of course, for updating as well as upgrading you need a connection to the internet.
why not include an equivalent of apt-get update && apt-get upgrade in the app?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
why not include an equivalent of apt-get update && apt-get upgrade in the app?
What do you mean? You already have update and upgrade available.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
After erasing the cache directory you updated the catalogues and after reinstalling you verified there are repos activated?
Yes, I did all of these

Did you have a look at fapamns log (in the menu)?
Catalogues update works as expected and the log seems correct. Fapman hangs at "creating package view" whenever I ask to install, remove or upgrade packages.

Is it possible that dates aren't fetched and the program stalls for this reason?

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Is it possible that dates aren't fetched and the program stalls for this reason?
You might try that out and deactivate date-fetching.
You can also do an "ls -l" on the cache directory and see wether the files have a sensible size (some hundred kB, might also be some MB in size). If files are too small there went sthg wrong with downloading or merging the catalogues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
Hi I get below error for anything I try to install..."Some of your packages have unmet dependencies which could not be fixed. See log for details"

And did you see the log for details? Would you mind sharing these details with us so we could probably help you?

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
What do you mean? You already have update and upgrade available.
I believe the suggestion was to include a couple of CLI accessible scripts in the package, such as those you linked earlier.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
And did you see the log for details? Would you mind sharing these details with us so we could probably help you?
here is what the log says

--- 2010-11-22 22:45:13 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qsy --allow-unauthenticated -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install cutetube
--- 2010-11-22 22:45:16 ---
Output from last process:
---
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
purple-extra-protocols: Depends: libpurple0 (>= 2.7.5-2nix1) but 2.7.3-0nix2 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Originally Posted by must4get View Post
here is what the log says
It's quite obvious, isn't it? You're trying to install something that depends on a library that isn't available in the needed version. You have two possibilities:
a) do not install the package that depends on that library (i.e.: deselect purple-extra-protocols from getting installed)
b) find out where to get that library in a satisfying version from and add the adequate repository or install manually before trying to install purple-extra-protocols.
That's it. No magic, just reading and thinking.

I have autorotation disabled. Main view doesn't rotate alright but the package view still autorotates.

And thanks for effort, awesome application