Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Instead of switching vibration on and off in one profile you could try out tweakr which offers the possibility to have more than just 2 profiles. In each one you can decide whether to have vibration or not. These profiles can then easily be switched by alarmed.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Does anyone else have an issue with running shell scripts from alarmed? I tried to schedule a recurring script and it caused the telephony disabled issue.

After several inquiries, I figured that setting alarms also set the RTC alarms to wake the device to ring. Would scheduling commands in such a fashion affect the system? Any insight?

I guess it's possible to break it if it was designed to run alarms and someone schedules a shell script. The script consists of a touch command, a couple of chmods and a call to wget | awk (I am logging external IP to a file).

The script works fine in terminal, but scheduling it causes mayhem. Next reboot, the phone declares that "All telephony functions are disabled" after an unusually long boot sequence in which several things look awkward - typically there is no boot video, the dot animation is long, and there are pauses in which the screen goes blank. Uninstalling alarmed doesn't help, only a reflash or a restore using BackupMenu restores telephony.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
I run plenty of shell scripts from alarmed, fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdengler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Instead of switching vibration on and off in one profile you could try out tweakr which offers the possibility to have more than just 2 profiles. In each one you can decide whether to have vibration or not. These profiles can then easily be switched by alarmed.
Thanks son much x-lette, I'll try this tweakr application though I had sometime ago and had to uninstall it.

I've got a slightly weird problem:
Old alarms that have long been deleted keep reocurring. I know its not the default alarm causing the problem because of the song it plays.

Yet I currently have no alarms in Alarmed or the default that should cause this problem.

Does anyone know where the Alarmed config file is, or how to access the dbus alarm config?

I think the solution may lie there.

Also: Great app! I could not live without this!

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
I've got a slightly weird problem:
Old alarms that have long been deleted keep reocurring. I know its not the default alarm causing the problem because of the song it plays.

Yet I currently have no alarms in Alarmed or the default that should cause this problem.

Does anyone know where the Alarmed config file is, or how to access the dbus alarm config?

Also: Great app! I could not live without this!
You know, I think I have experienced this a few times.

Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post

Does this occur with all events you delete or just some?

From the front page:

If it should happen that you create an event and for some reason it gets lost from Alarmed's menu/list, but still exists and acts, look in /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini and you'll find your event somewhere at the bottom. It comes with a "cookie", which identifies it. For example: "cookie: 886". You can then use the CLI interface to delete the event. It will tell you it doesn't exist, but it will nevertheless delete the backend-event:
Code:
Code:
/opt/alarmed/alarmed.py -CD 886
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Hi

Is it possible to enable/disable an alarm with a script? I'm trying to make a QBW that would enable/disable a certain reoccurring alarm. Also, does an alarm send anything over dbus when it goes off?

Thanks,

Slarti

Just leaving a note to say thanks shapeshifter for this terrific application. To my shame, I realised I never did so before even though I use Alarmed regularly now for months. It's definitely one of my favorite apps for the N900. I had been looking into coding a way to schedule mfakecaller, but Alarmed does the job perfectly

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Is it possible to enable/disable an alarm with a script? I'm trying to make a QBW that would enable/disable a certain reoccurring alarm. Also, does an alarm send anything over dbus when it goes off?
Not really. The idea is that you configure the alarm in such a way that it rings whenever you want it. But I guess there isn't full flexibility yet. I'm very busy atm but if I ever get around implementing this, I will.
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

The Following User Says Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post: