Active Topics

I tried disabling cgroup by the slightly underhanded way described here (not the other hacks listed though); http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=605529

Well ohmd is not topping anymore, but now [omap2_mcspi] is in the top instead and i generally have the overall cpu usage not much lower than it was before anyway.

It does not seem that it brought me back to the low levels of CPU usage I had previous to this problem appearing.

It could be worthwhile checking top while ssh:ing in on USB-net however, but previously there was not much difference in CPU usage when ssh:ing in via wifi or USB-net.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dun ask abt location
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
Hi Guys,

since a few weeks ago I have a problem with ohmd eating a lot of CPU and my battery draining much faster.
Ohmd usually leads the CPU-time statistics even before hildon-desktop or Xorg.
Over night I switch the phone to offline mode and the battery drain would normally be very shallow, usually less than 10% but now it's more like 30-40%.
After killing ohmd the battery drain lessened but that is mostly shortlived.
What could cause ohmd to go whacko like that?

Regards
Aydan
dude how do kill dat omhd thingy???

I also have a problem with ohmd and
found some thing. As is.

1) can be created magic file with
touch /etc/ohm/inhibit-suspend

2) modules can be enabled/banned in file
/etc/ohm/modules.ini
(now I disabled signalling, not ask me why)

Don't ask me why and how it works. Every time when I find ohmd running in Conky, I install and uninstall flashlight-extra, then it'll be gone. It just works all the time.