Notices

Originally Posted by RdM View Post
@Kolos : When you create a new file are you now able save it ???
Yes I am, but you should give to the name of the file also extension "odt" (like filename.odt).

@DrWilken
I didn't install or reinstall decoders. If I remember I updated fMMS, install and remove Homescreen Dockbar, delete qtirreco folder from MyDocs, because remote didn't work from time I upgraded to PR1.3, and download again all my remotes which now all working. Maybe I also installed some other app, but I don't remember right now.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-11-21 at 15:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
Yes I am, but you should give to the name of the file also extension odt (like filename.odt).
Thank you it works now fine when saving with extension .odt.. Have also the issue when opening an xls file or creating a new one with freoffice the background is black and the fonts are white is there a way to reverse ??

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Something must have caused it to re-associate mime-types...

Reinstalling/installing and removing (if You don't use it) decoders-support does the trick...

Until someone figures out how to force a recreation of the mime database this will do...

Maybe it can be done using the update-mime-database:
Code:
N900:~# update-mime-database 
Usage: update-mime-database [-hvV] MIME-DIR

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by RdM View Post
Thank you it works now fine when saving with extension .odt.. Have also the issue when opening an xls file or creating a new one with freoffice the background is black and the fonts are white is there a way to reverse ??
Same here (using Black Plastic Theme). This is caused by the theme (black is background color).

Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Same here (using Black Plastic Theme). This is caused by the theme (black is background color).
I'm using Digital Nature theme and background is also black.

RdM, maybe you should try Gnumeric, which has white background (at least in my theme).

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
@ "Kolos So, now I can open directly from File manager and email client doc, docx, odp, ods, odt, pps, ppt, pptx and xlsx files".

Hi Guys,
I suddenly also noticed today that the file association of freoffice appeared in the file manager. Can open also the e-mail attachement.
Have still dBus-switchboard installed which let me via easy-debian (ooffice) open the doc , xls and ppt e-mail attachements before the freoffice file association appeared. The system now prefers freoffice opening the attachements and saved files instead of ooffice
Don't know what is happening!!

There should be a minor update now to freoffice with the possibility
of giving feedback of the application. This means that if you have some file which crashes etc. you can upload it for the team to check (and hopefully fix). The option should be in the menu.

Because it installs one new package, upgrading might not be straight forward.

You may have to
a) upgrade from console using sudo gainroot, apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade
b) uninstall the app...and install it again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lassniemi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Creating a new word document only allows me to write in capitals. What the? (no, caps is definitely not on)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled version 3.1.

Hi every buddy.
I installed freoffice but i can not type some characters on persian language which i should press shift key.
for example when i want type «گ» i should use «Shift+o» but when i use thats freoffice type «O».
I installed ukeyboard to adding persian keyboard.
How can i resolve this problem?

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Suggestions for this application.

If we run the application directly ask you not open a file, you exit the building options. This would facilitate replacing the applications, "Note" and "Maepad".

Operate the virtual keyboard FreeOffice. Has never worked for me.

Quick list of recent files worked with the application.

Support for inserting tables.