Active Topics

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Ok folks, I have been searching and searching for the answer to this, but I cannot locate a single solid answer.

What are the working settings for the AOL/AIM IM Account via the Nokia Messenger? It seems any time I touch settings on my phone, something reverts to some random port "-21887234897342etcetc" and I cannot get my IM accounts to work without doing a delete/new and re-merging all those accounts.

Under Advanced Settings:
Server: login.messaging.aol.com (or what?)
Port: 80 (or 5190, or what?)
(X) Use Ssl
( ) Use Clientlogin
( ) Always Use Rv Proxy
(X) Allow Multiple Logins

This has seriously been the one really maddening aspect of this device that makes me want to just toss it. I have loaded each 'extra protocols' from the standard repo, testing, and devel repos and I get the same issues.

If anyone can offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

I`ve got the same bug.
Use Pidgin

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
<whine>
But I dun wanna use pidgin!
</whine>

Seriously though, I really, really hope the solution isn't to use other programs. I really enjoy using the Nokia Messenger when everything is working (70% of the time) and chatting with folks on whatever IM client they are using at the moment (FB/AIM/GTalk/etc)

nuts!

Do u know where exactly (file) this values stored? Maybe its possible to make shell script to change it automatically when starting messenger?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
What are the working settings for the AOL/AIM IM Account via the Nokia Messenger?
With "Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts" v0.10, I'm successfully using:
  • login.messaging.aol.com
  • "Use SSL" unchecked
  • "Use Clientlogin" unchecked
  • "Always Use RV Proxy" unchecked
  • "Allow Multiple Logins" checked

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: