Notices

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Just got off Nokia's OS2008 website and it's just beautiful I must say, so I scroll down to top downloads and I notice KAGU wasn't picked? Why the hell not I use it every day I think it's a much better music player then UKMP. Is it because of YOUTUBE? And the feature of erasing not need music tracks? If you take those two things out and what do you have? Well that's just me I have a few friends that also have tablets and we all use KAGU as our music #1 music player
can anyone out there clear this up for me? I think if KAGU added video's it will give UKMP a run for it's money

I think the UKMP developer was hired by Nokia --- I guess that's a reason to start with.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Personally I don't find UKMP or Kagu very 'thumb happy'. The navigation is a little more difficult in Canola but controlling it once something is playing is really easy, that is what is important to me. They both need bigger buttons IMHO.

On a side note I really like the way that UKMP makes the album art into a shadow and puts the Artist in text under the icon.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
I'm using both Kagu and Canola. In the car i has to be Canola as it is thumb friendly if a little awkward to navigate.

Kagu has some coolness (like scrolling and a much easier to use seek).

All of them lack bookmarking (which IMHO is crucial with any player - audio books and podcasts are a pain without).

UKMP - never liked it too much. UKTube works well but is clunky. UKMP interface just too hard to use with a thumb fullstop.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Yeah, I haven't had the time to work on ukmp for a while. I don't think the list is created with human logistics, but through download counts. I think I've just been more vocal -> more downloads than kagu. Anyway, new release of ukmp coming soon. It will still be roughly the same, a bit more thumb friendly though. And nicer seeking, but no bookmarks (could add it though).

UKTUBE was a work done in the weekend, so please improve on it. I don't have the time to work on it at the moment. I think something very cool could be built on top of it though.

Ayway, although kagu has it's roots in ukmp, it has been receiving much more effort and I'm really glad on what disq and trevarthan have done with it. Big kudos to them.

Could you define a bit on how uktube is clunky?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
uktube has not been working since the last few days. it says initiating download..... and just stops

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
Same for me with the uktube. Initiating then stops.