Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
Archos is now shipping the Archos 70.

I'm still confused as to why this model goes for a mere $30 more than the 43 (yes, I do see that is has half the onboard storage but so what?). Over the past few years I've loved my N800 and N810 and am very accustomed to the size... but for $30 more I can get a bigger (and capacitive) screen? Can't wait for them both to hit BestBuy so I can get a hands-on eval of my own.
Well, not so fast! The Archos site no longer lists this as available, returning the "Notify Me" button to its page instead of a link to make an order.

Edit: We'll see, but the perspective from pocketables.net is that it went back to "Notify Me" because it sold out in <24 hrs. Is that spin?
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

Last edited by DistantFire; 2010-11-05 at 20:38. Reason: Update from Pocketables.net

I ordered a 70 last evening, worked just fine. Got the billing confirmation, but still waiting for shipping confirmation.

I'm excited about it. I was thinking to myself, as soon as decent tablets come in the $200-300 range I would think about it, and Archos answered swiftly.

I mean, it's not a beast by any means, but a 1ghz, Open GL, Capacitive 800x480, HDMI out tablet is a pretty good deal. Maybe I'll write up a mini review here when I get it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tushyd For This Useful Post:
Now B&H is listing both the 70 and 101 for arrival in December.

The Archos 70 is once again available on their website.