ok now this is creepy...today when i woke up...i found my nokia n900 to have returned to its original factory settings !! along with all the data i had on my MASS MEMORY to have deleted....but the strangest thing is a few of my applications i installed to be still present on the memory!! and even ALL OF THE APPLICATIONS are found inside the "UNINSTALL" option of the application manager BUT I CANNOT FIND ANY OF THEM OTHER THAN A FEW...this problem might have occured with a few users but unfortunately i cannot find those posts...
can anyone please tell me the reason why did it occur ?? is it a firmware fault??? because i have flashed it with a GLOBAL FIRMWARE....please i need help....everything on my mass memory have been wiped out!!!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
You N900 had been abducted by aliens for an anal-probing session, but since the N900 is a new species to them their memory wiping techniques hadn't been perfected yet and hence the reason why not all the memory has been wiped.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
you n900 had been abducted by aliens for an anal-probing session, but since the n900 is a new species to them their memory wiping techniques hadn't been perfected yet and hence the reason why not all the memory has been wiped.
:coff:coff: Not funny

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
If the memory is really whiped and the files are literally GONE then there is nothing you can do to my understanding except either reflash your N900 and start installing and placing back your stuff from scratch or leave it as is and start placing your stuff on from scratch

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Well since most of the apps but not all are gone and the data from mass memory (which I suppose is how you call your bigger vfat partition) I would speculate that your emmc got unmounted.

Please try and run mount in xterm and paste the results here:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
You N900 had been abducted by aliens for an anal-probing session, but since the N900 is a new species to them their memory wiping techniques hadn't been perfected yet and hence the reason why not all the memory has been wiped.
lol that was funny !! but hey seriously... what do you think might have caused it ??? look i installed debian and also a few applications on it like the MYSQL and all... i am not sure ... but do you think it happened because the debian crashed and took my data along with it ??

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
have u rebooted?
yup... a couple of times...no wait... many times.. i infact lost count.. hehe ..i had to flash it !!!

Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
If the memory is really whiped and the files are literally GONE then there is nothing you can do to my understanding except either reflash your N900 and start installing and placing back your stuff from scratch or leave it as is and start placing your stuff on from scratch
yes that is what i had to do ultimately !!!... hope it doesnt happen again..... it hurts so much to re-equip the data again !!!