Active Topics

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
SavageD were you at movie town today? I swore I saw a guy with a N900 lol

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

my battery life went down after i ran this

seems there is improvement with the overall speed of the device. no stuttering when opening several apps and installing app while listening to a music. I'll give a feedback later about battery life.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i think my battery life is shorter too

Haven't really noticed anything at all, but I already used swappolube previously.

A list of what it does and it's benefits (ie: reduced cpu load? reduce ram usage? less CPU wakeup times?) are would be nice.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Trying it out now. =)

BTW, I recommend you to add the recommendation of having media player closed, swappolube uninstalled at the START or the steps instead of mentioning it at the end.... (coz I followed the steps and then found that you should have it uninstalled etc.....)

Okay. Just rebooted. My impressions:

1. Music volume through my earphone is much louder.
2. Bass is MUCH more pronouced. Bit too much for my liking. Highs are still there but mids is a bit overwhelmed by the bass. (I guess I can use Symfonie and change the eq a bit)
3. Not so sure about any speed increase yet. But i haven't really given it a go. (btw, I run at 1Ghz constant for both min/max frequency so mine is already always fast. =P)
4. Conky shows my total CPU utilization around 16-17% cpu while playing music. (can't remember what it was before the patch. doh.)

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-11-26 at 07:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ShaolinMilk View Post
i noticed after applying this patch, there's more lag to snes/cps2 game.
Same lags in DrNoksnes emu.

Ok this here is simply a quick fix, been very busy these days with exams projects and what not. So here's a quick explanation of what the patch does:

It turns off some off the switches in pulse audio, that aren't necessarily used by the n900 thus reducing cpu load when listening to music, gaming or watching videos. TuneN900 reduces the amount of times the kernel checks virtual memory, additionally reducing cpu load. Before kernel use to check virtual memory every 500 mili seconds, now checks it every 900 milli seconds

This newer patch takes 10% of the low memory reserves in virtual memory and puts it towards performance. Where low_mem_reserve was originally 32%, it is now 22% with this newer patch. This newer patch also addresses the battery and lag issued mentioned above.

again this is only a quick fix, I am forcing no one to use it.

Whether it helps or not plz let me know, and remember to take your restores folder from the older patch and replaced the ones used in this newer patch....if you have used any of my older patches before. also remember to restart the n900 after applying BoostN900.sh
Attached Files
File Type: zip BoostN900.zip (46.5 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-11-26 at 16:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
SavageD, thx! Installed scriptz, will test it and post results tomorrow.
Also waiting for daemon for alsamixer.
Which other *nix projects u working on?

upd.
No lags in emu (DrNoksnes) games in preenv working smooth)
btw using general non oc kernel.

Last edited by devdsp; 2010-11-26 at 17:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to devdsp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Installed the latest script and tried TuneN900 too, as a result the device feels a bit faster/smoother. But audio from loud speakers feels a bit quieter than before, ain't the script supposed to make it louder?

Can you upload the biggest/loudest sound possible through loud speaker patch? I don't care if the speakers exploded