Active Topics

what i'm more interested in is who is their last mile provider?

malsysian owner here
can anyone pls tell me what is the best usable fruequency to set
for the FM transmmition. seems to get all interferences

Originally Posted by gnasgame3 View Post
malsysian owner here
94.9 in KL

The Following User Says Thank You to wongjemi85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by gnasgame3 View Post
malsysian owner here
I'm using 89.1 in Penang, but still get some occassional interferences. You need to install FM Boost - it really helps.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi Malaysia N900 owners!

Anyone used Geocaching here before? I'm interested to try or to organize something. Feedback please!

Originally Posted by wongjemi85 View Post
94.9 in KL
big thank you, have been struggling for quite some time

Originally Posted by vignes_k View Post
Use Nokia messaging for your Yahoo Mail. Pop access to yahoo is only for Yahoo Plus subscribers.
As for the connection to YM it seems to work ok for me. Check your password etc.
Hi all,

i had trouble adding Yahoo Mail (@yahoo.com, no .my) into Nokia Messaging.

However, I managed to come up with a (meek) solution for this. I kept getting failures until I noticed that Yahoo Mail was successfully added in Nokia Messaging. Below are the recreated steps that I took to force Yahoo mail settings in Nokia Messaging.

Add Yahoo Mail in Nokia Messaging for Nokia N900
Steps:

1. Read Nota Bene A and B below. Then, carefully follow all the instructions at http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/10/27/...g-on-the-n900/

Nota Bene:
A. Use a Netherlands mobile number when you register in Nokia Messaging website. For good measure, use Netherlands for any country you have to select for any settings you encounter along the way - this includes changing the country in your web based Yahoo mail. You do not need to bother for Gmail/Hotmail. Sample number : 31(Country Code) 9125551234. If you are not getting the same exact screens as per the website, you are NOT doing it right. Read the comments in the above mentioned website. (I had to try several times, myself). The author of the above website did not state a particular country and judging from the comments, it's region based. Then I found out that he(Devin Balentina) actually used a Netherlands mobile number.

B. Use a Gmail/Hotmail account to register in Nokia Messaging website. This is a must for initial setup purposes. Do not use your Yahoo yet.If you do not have Yahoo, you can skip Step 2 and 3.

2. Assuming you have finish setting up Nokia Messaging in your N900 (you are able to see Gmail/Hotmail in Nokia Messaging in your N900), follow steps at this website: http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/06/19/...kia-messaging/ . If this fails, skip to Step 3.

3. Open web proxies and register your yahoo email through the Nokia Messaging website. Try several proxies.

4. Yahoo mail integration is successful once you see your Yahoo mail settings in Nokia Messaging via its website (as per Step 2's URL). You would also be able to see it in your N900 by then.

By doing Step 2 and 3 above repeatedly, I somehow managed to get Yahoo Mail working in my Nokia Messaging. I do not dare delete and try anew again in an attempt to get the correct steps as I've spent quite an ample time for this... About 4 hours.

Also, this method seems legit as it is recommended by a Nokia spokesperson as well. Apparently, due to to legal issues, Yahoo Mail through Nokia Messaging is NOT supported for some countries. See all of bretj's reply at http://discussions.nokia-asia.com/t5...ING/m-p/659437.

Last edited by hiiragizawa; 2010-11-21 at 14:56.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
@hiiragizawa

I never had this problem. I just signed up via Nokia Messenging without needing to do anything out of the ordinary. Just followed their steps and it was automatically connected to the YMail automatically.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Penang/Malaysia
Guys malaysian here join us here
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1652293

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Penang/Malaysia
Guys malaysian here join us here
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1652293