Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by n900fan75 View Post
hi there, can one of you guys please confirm...

1. whether the sms text time stamp is not off by 4 or 5 hours? This is a problem on the f-ing stupid Rogers network with N900. I've been trying to hack the phone to resolve this for my wife.
Yup I'm on Fido (which is the same network), and the time shown on incoming texts is way off.

Kinda funny though -- I'm in the process of buying a new home, and my real estate was texting me at what I thought was 5am.. for a while there, I thought she was just super keen to get things done for me ASAP until I mentioned it and she had no idea what I was talking about

2. whether you can send and receive MMS messages OK. Rogers is able to get N900 to receive MMS but not send using fMMS. I know it's not the phone because I can use a T-mobile sim card and send/receive MMS just fine.
I never use MMS, so I can't say. But sometimes texts I send take an insanely long time to reach the recipient..

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
So Mobilicity is better then Wind?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Yup I'm on Fido (which is the same network), and the time shown on incoming texts is way off.
yes funny thing. The crazier part is the fact that the cocky Rogers reps either in the stores or over the phone have blamed this problem on the phone. I don't think they know that they've set their SMS operation center to use GMT 0 zone when they should use -5. And all they've done to "fix" the problem on all Rogers specific phones is to hack them to compensate for the stupidity operation they are running there.

I do need to know if MMS works ok on Mobilicity with N900. thanks!

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by adosanjh View Post
excelar8,

I am in Vancouver and using the N900, and the service has been good so far the call quality is great, there are a few dead zones but otherwise a good network.

You can definitely notice that this is a new network (dead zones) but that is expected and hopefully they will be able to work out the kinks in the coming future.
when you refer to dead zones, which sides of the city or buildings are you referring to?

excelar8,

Dead Zones:
Just driving around you find that you are roaming even thou you are in the coverage area I am not sure it has to do with which sides of the city or buildings I am on.

Some people have mentioned that it will take some time for Mobilicity to fully cover every area in there "coverage" area, other say that they are not running there towers at full strength and will slowly increase the range at a later date (say 1-2 months).

I am leaning toward the later excuse since I currently am not getting charged for roaming, and once they increase the strength of there towers (say 100%) I will be charged for roaming.

The Following User Says Thank You to adosanjh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
So Mobilicity is better then Wind?
Wind was making me sick, they talked it up so much, but it was costing me more than Rogers and they had ports blocked for months. They also dropped calls like crazy. Mobilicity might be a bit slower and less coverage, but for half the price, I don't care. I don't really think the speeds will get much better as they only purchased 10Mhz of bandwidth in BC and AB. Hopefully I'm wrong!

They might not have that stupid SMS timestamp bug, but wait till you check your voicemail.