Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
Ok i admit, i forgot to be logged in as root, or 'sudo'.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Has anyone else had the problem I'm having with media player I posted earlier? That is, I start oowriter from the icon (without going into LXDE), then select media player from tools. At this point I am unable to cleanly close media player. I can kill oowriter and media player by using Close Debian but am unable to restart oowriter either from the icon, chroot or using debbie oowriter in xterm without media player filling the screen rendering oowriter useless.

Last edited by mscion; 2010-12-06 at 13:58.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Necc: next time, please try "sudo closechroot" from a command prompt instead of using the icon, and maybe post the terminal output... I wonder if something has happened with PR1.3 to (yet again) break the closechroot script?

EDIT: Just tried a similar experiment, ran OpenOffice Writer and then used the icon to close the chroot. OOo closed, as did the Debian terminal.
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# closechroot
/sbin/closechroot: /home/user/.chroot: line 1: #: not found
Closing the chroot...
...closing chroot apps...
..Unmounting bound dirs...
unmounting /.debian/dev
unmounting /.debian/proc
unmounting /.debian/tmp
unmounting /.debian/var/tmp
unmounting /.debian/sys
unmounting /.debian/media/mmc1
unmounting /.debian/var/run/dbus
unmounting /.debian/var/lib/dbus
unmounting /.debian/var/run/pulse
..Unmounting /.debian...
successful unmount...
chroot closed.
/home/user/.chroot:
Code:
# Sample config for chroot 

# Device or image containing Debian filesystem.
# Default: first in /home/user/MyDocs/debian*.img*, /media/mmc1/debian*.img*
# Some examples:
IMGFILE=/home/user/debian-m5-v3d.img.ext2
#IMGFILE=/home/user/MyDocs/debian-squeeze-m5.img.ext2
#IMGFILE=/media/mmc1/debian-squeeze-m5.img.ext2
#IMGFILE=/dev/mmcblk1p2
#IMGFILE=/dev/mmcblk0p4

# Filesystem used; must always be set when using a partition.
# Default: from extension of IMGFILE, or ext2.
#IMGFS=ext2

# Mount point for Debian.
# Default: /debian
CHROOT=/.debian

# New /tmp dir size for printing / PDF creation
# Default: 6M
#TMPSIZE=6M

# Debian user to drop privileges
# Default: user
#DEBUSER=user

The Following User Says Thank You to Necc For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Necc: Thanks for posting that output. Did you test this while running some Easy Debian apps? Did they remain open?

If you didn't have Easy Debian apps open, could you retest with OpenOffice or something open? If the output is the same, you don't need to post anything. But if it changes when you have OpenOffice running, please post the new output. OpenOffice should close, of course, but if it doesn't, report that too.

Also, it appears that there's some kind of corruption in your ~/.chroot file. Did you edit it with a non-Linux text editor?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Has anyone else had the problem I'm having with media player I posted earlier? That is, I start oowriter from the icon (without going into LXDE), then select media player from tools. At this point I am unable to cleanly close media player. I can kill oowriter and media player by using Close Debian but am unable to restart oowriter either from the icon, chroot or using debbie oowriter in xterm without media player filling the screen rendering oowriter useless.
Oops! I forgot from key definitions in .xbindkeysrc I could use "Shift+Mod5+Left" to esc.... no problem with media player now.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
mscion: If your fonts are in ~/.fonts (ie in your home directory), then you will only be able to access them when logging in to Easy Debian as "user". If you use the Debian Chroot icon, you'll be going in as "root" and those fonts will not be visible to your apps.

I don't have an explanation for your font problem in LXDE...

You can probably fix the font problem by copying the fonts to /usr/local/share/fonts (in your chroot)... unless that's where they already are, in which case, well, I have no idea...
Just a brief follow up. If I select the formula with the missing fonts, I can then modifly it by first tapping the font box in the upper left hand side of the window and then select the formula option. The equations then look good. I'd like to better understand how the keep things consistent when starting oowriter from the icon or LXDE. But at least both options are now working reasonably well

EDIT: My solution was not quite right here. Once you select the equation where the correct fonts are missing. (You might see a rectangle where a symbol should be) just select edit (or double tap the equation) and the correct fonts will then be employed. If you then exit, saving changes, the representation with correct fonts is preserved. Not sure why the correct fonts are not immediately used but it's only a minor inconvenience..

Last edited by mscion; 2010-12-09 at 13:27.

Necc: Thanks for posting that output. Did you test this while running some Easy Debian apps? Did they remain open?

If you didn't have Easy Debian apps open, could you retest with OpenOffice or something open? If the output is the same, you don't need to post anything. But if it changes when you have OpenOffice running, please post the new output. OpenOffice should close, of course, but if it doesn't, report that too.

Also, it appears that there's some kind of corruption in your ~/.chroot file. Did you edit it with a non-Linux text editor?
Yes. I always use actively easy debian (it runs 24/7), i have also startup and shutdown scripts (onfirstchroot.rc; onclosechroot.rc) too witch launches dyndns, samba, ftp, remote desktop, etc. and stops them during close (closechroot).

Also i checked my ~/.chroot file and only the hex editor was able to point out the problem: the first 3 byte was: EF BB BF (h) and all of the text editors/viwevers what i used showed nothing. I have no idea how or when it got there, but i fixed it now. I doubt that this caused the problem so i re-tested again, and there was no change. Openoffice remained open such as the chroot prompt window under maemo like before.

BTW why does oowriter controls layout look completely different when run from lxde compared to "standalone" launcher?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
hi qole I have a question where is the keyboard file configuration located

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
ok i got a problem here. i installed easy debian and the next step i did was apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. after that, nothing (except chroot) was running anymore. any way to solve that for the future? (just reinstalling and then continue without the update and upgrade)

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze