Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
This notion that MeeGo isn't going to go anywhere is depressingly flawed, in my opinion. MeeGo will, quite frankly, rape the phone world over time. If it doesn't, then some successor open source phone OS will.
Yes, can't agree with you more there!

As for the Palm Pre, Plus or otherwise, *shrug*. Phones are typically only right for certain people.
Yes, agree again, couldn't said it better.

Creamy Goodness: I find the best policy is to ***** at the idiot first, then offer assistance. Most of them can't help it. Modern society doesn't usually encourage either logical thought, do it yourself mentalities, or computer and search engine savvyness.
Hey! That's uncalled for, I don't think we call people that in here, regardless how dumb we feel they are. Don't forget the rules they have in here. You appear to be normally a sane poster...please stay that way.

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-12-07 at 11:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Cool to hear. I'm thinking seriously about buying a Pre as a phone and some future Meego device as a portable computer to replace my N800. I don't know if the Pre is a bit overkill for it though, but I absolutely loved the Palm OS back in the day, so I have confidence in the webOS

@jamesc760
I think you are a idoit for getting anything Palm. It not only has limited functions compared to maemo, too complicated to use compared to the iOS and lacks the development push of Android. That money could've been better spent off to charity so I think you are basically a fool. You will see later when MeeGo rolls out, Android hits 3.0 and Apple begin to heat up. That's the time when most users from all those other communities are going to bully you around and funny enough you will deserve it. Things will look obsolete in the HP/Palm soo enough.
But I admire you as a member of the board and I wish you to stay with us and explore other areas of untapped potential in the N900. Perhaps in the future together we may be able to breathe new life into your aging device.

/rant

I have just got my n900 and think its great, would like to try the palm pre also.
I have to agree and disagree with you regarding the community, I think they have done a great job providing apps and support for the n900 and although Nokia support seems poor it is much better than the support for n8x0 was!
And yes sometimes users can be snooty at times and unwelcoming to other members for no good reason. I find this very annoying, it seems like some of the swarm of new n900 users are to blame.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dont like the look of it :s

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
I've been a member since the days of N800 I am often treated with indifference and snootiness.
you been a member since the days of n800...and you only made 52 posts...no comment, im really laughing now

I'm suggesting that you leave before I have to get snooty

I see that a few people have responded to my original post here. Looks like mostly negative and even hateful comments, like you are an idiot and a fool for wasting money on a Palm and you should have spent your money on a charitable cause, etc... First, I work for a medical charity and I help more people on a daily basis than most of you ever will in your life. I can say the same thing about YOU wasting your money on a Nokia N900 but I will refrain myself. Anyway I have more money, taller and better looking than most of you.

I see that someone says he's laughing because I only made 50 or so comments over a two-year period. Well, I belive in quality being more important than quantity; and you shouldn't judge a member by how many posts he makes but rather by the contents and thoughtfullness which many of you lack obviously.

See, this is a reason why I feel discouraged by the community here. I will NOT come back ever again to Maemo and its hateful members. Please do NOT even bother to reply to this; I won't be able to read it anymore. Have a great life, my ex-brothers!

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Thread closed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
yawns