Active Topics

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Hi:

I've got my contacts with their proper MSN field. However, when I conenct to MSN a new MSN contact is added, either haze or pecan.

If I merge contacts, I end up with two MSN fields in each of my contacts, one for MSN and another for MSN (haze/pecan).

When adding a new account, I see a 'plain' MSN option, but it has never worked for me. That' why I've tried haze and pecan.

Any help on how set up the MSN account to avoid the MSN contacts to be added as haze/pecan? I think that is desirable that if I already have a contact with an MSN field, it should not include a new contact with the same MSN id.

Thanks!

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Hi:

I've got my contacts with their proper MSN field. However, when I conenct to MSN a new MSN contact is added, either haze or pecan.

If I merge contacts, I end up with two MSN fields in each of my contacts, one for MSN and another for MSN (haze/pecan).

When adding a new account, I see a 'plain' MSN option, but it has never worked for me. That' why I've tried haze and pecan.

Any help on how set up the MSN account to avoid the MSN contacts to be added as haze/pecan? I think that is desirable that if I already have a contact with an MSN field, it should not include a new contact with the same MSN id.

Thanks!
Completely a agree, but the rtcomm team never implemented this. I don't think it's possible. But you should file a bug report and see what they say.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Not really solving the problem, but… the Haze and Pecan is added if you connect to MSN using that library, right ?
If you already had one preferred method to connect to MSN the other two libraries shouldn’t really matter (until you want to switch)