if a contact sends u 100 messages (sms) is there a way to select those 100 and delete them without having to click each message one by one to delete them? I know you can delete conversations from multiple users, but is there a way to delete messages within conversation of one user only?

Go to your Messages then Select and hold the contact, then select delete (and it will delete all sms the contact sent you)

What about delete a group of messages for a selected contact but not all the messages of that contact???

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by ebrecha View Post
What about delete a group of messages for a selected contact but not all the messages of that contact???
i would like to know if this is possible too as i sometimes wind my friend up by going inot sms then pressing any letter then send, any letter then send, any letter then send etc etc etc (i have unlimited texts) the only problem is this creates a huge gap in my sms conversaton with this contact and it is more trouble than it is worth to go through and delete every single unwanted text.

can anyone help?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
What i do is go to conversations and use delete conversations. then choose the convos i want to delete. pretty fast if you ask me.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Personnaly I don't see where is the problem to delete one, many, or all messages in a conversation.

yea but how do you delete messages within a conversation of ONE contact. (without deleting them one by one)

Example: Joe sends me 20 messages, how do I delete 10 of Joes messages without deleting all 20????

Conversations-->Delete will delete all of Joes messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Wait til you got to computer and use the Ovi Suites to do it ?

The Following User Says Thank You to nseika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
yea but how do you delete messages within a conversation of ONE contact. (without deleting them one by one)

Example: Joe sends me 20 messages, how do I delete 10 of Joes messages without deleting all 20????

Conversations-->Delete will delete all of Joes messages.
The usual way is to open each message, and press button 'Delete'.
The quicker way is to long-press each message, without opening it, and select 'Delete' in the menu.
The smarter way is to implement interface, such as: button X, which on first press allows user to select and unselect messages without opening them, and on second press deletes selected messages. It should be easy, the interface is HTML+JS+CSS... I might manage it.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
I have implemented "delete selected" interface in HTML+JS+CSS. I have also modified CSS to make portrait-orientation readable. However, I don't understand how to connect C part of program with JS part so that the messages which were deleted, stayed deleted. Is /usr/bin/rtcom-messaging-ui open-source or closed-source?
Best wishes.