Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
you don't have to copy libgnokii.so.2.0.5 to /var/lib/install/usr/lib AND /usr/lib
/usr/lib is already in the search path for libraries so it might be easier
or you can user /var/lib... and modify your libray search path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

If you can use it from xterm and not from the menu it means that there's a problem with the com.nokia.phoneLink.service file ... I'll check it out & let you know

O Fred

a 0.1a deb that sould work better ...
no icon still though

O Fred

PS with icon
Attached Files
File Type: zip phonelink_0.1b_arm.deb.zip (9.2 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by fredoll; 2006-02-02 at 17:36.

I tried the new .deb... I unistalled the old package, and installed the new one. I still see the same behavior as before trying to launch it from the "extras" menu. However now I cannot start it from the console either. I get this error:

/var/lib/install/usr/bin/phonelink: error while loading shared libraries: libsqllite.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've looked around, re-installed the libSqlLite package that was installed with GPE-Contacts. Still no luck though...

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
I have a Motorola v330, the "gnokii --identify" does not find it... I suppose the motorola phones are not supported by gnokii... too bad, I really love the idea to have such an application.

Thank's fredoll

The basic functionality and idea is great. Still a bit tricky to get to work but Source4's instructions are good. I got exactly the same results as Source4, can start the old version with xterm, but the new version doesn't start.

Are you planning to implement other features to Phonelink?

- kepler

Originally Posted by fredoll
a 0.1a deb that sould work better ...
The link has 0.1b version not 0.1a, is this the reason that it doesn't start?

- kepler

does gpe-* stuff work on your 770 ?
In xterm can you try "ldd /var/lib/install/usr/bin/phonelink" ?
what does it show ?
the 0.1b should be the same as the 0.1a except that the icon is displayed ...
Sorry for the bother ...
It works on my 770 but then I installed ~30 versions on it ...
Waiting for your feedback to try & get something that works

O Fred

I'll give "ldd" a whirl this afternoon/evening. I'd try it now, but the 770 is at home charging up for the weekend.

all the GPE-* apps will run and launch... I moved the libsqllight lib into /usr/lib and re-ran ldconfig... now phonelink is looking for libical?

Don't worry about the bother, I know how development goes (I'm a Windows dev... shhhhh ;-). I'm just glad somebody is working on this kind of app! I'm more then happy to be a lab rat!

if you want to be sure that all libs in var/install/usr/lib are known : add this path to /etc/ld.so.conf then run ldconfig et voila
I think libical is used by gnokii & can bi find in /usr/lib ...
I have some problem with gnokii & my 6230i so I try to work on that front too and the gnokii team is very helpfull
Glad to work with open source & open minded people !
Fred

Originally Posted by fredoll
if you want to be sure that all libs in var/install/usr/lib are known : add this path to /etc/ld.so.conf then run ldconfig et voila
I think libical is used by gnokii & can bi find in /usr/lib ...
I added /var/lib/install/usr/lib as last row in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran /sbin/ldconfig command. Still 0.1b version refuses to start; when try to start from xterm, complains that libical.so.0 is not found.

ldd /var/lib/install/usr/bin/phonelink command shows links to various libraries, however there is one line indicating:
libical.so.0 => not found

0.1 version starts nicely from xterm, but not from the Extras menu.

btw 0.1 shows the icon (after trying 0.1b version that didn't work ;-)

/var/lib/install/usr/bin/gnokii --identify and gpe-* stuff works.

Should the gnokii be installed in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin as there is no .deb for gnokii and /var/lib/install/usr path is for .deb packages??

- kepler