Active Topics

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Textrat : I will talk to the guys to see if this can be "read" by the scanner. I think there's no problem. Let's just make sure things go "transparent" there.

@reggie : if there's a public / open way to do so, and the device (internal or mplayer) can handle it.. why not?

Br

Marcelo

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I hope you can provide the option to connect to Apple's Quicktime movie list to access the movie trailers - ala FrontRow. It should be able to play them since the 2008 OS support h.264 natively right?
Reggie, does this means that we will be able to view videos from sites which are actually "Quicktime only" like freecaster.tv?

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Nigel: I communicated this personally today, one of the guys said that will make sure this is implemmented =)

Thanks for the suggestion /
Thanks - that's very kind.

I don't know if you froze this yet, but I'd like to second "playing FLV files directly off of the device." *insert letter here*-tube videos are the perfect size for the N800. It's a bit of a drag to have your beautiful app for playing music, but for music videos I have to mess around with MPlayer. (Not that there's anything wrong with MPlayer, I just want everything in Canola)

Hi Clicker,

The mplayer is being used as backend for video. So it will be quite easy even if we are not able to put this on release date, to release a plugin that gets RSS from youtube, present them and play them when needed on canola. Let's see if we manage to do that on time, but of course first things first

BR

Marcelo

Freecaster does not work ... Quicktime 7 required.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by atmasphere View Post
Freecaster does not work ... Quicktime 7 required.
Ouch! I read somewhere on their FAQs that there should be a "download" button somewhere on the player, but couldn't find it, so either the support to h.264 will work will, there will be no way to download the files onto the N800..

Oh, thanks for the test, anyway

Hi guys,

I have a great news for you. although we don't know how everything is going to flow on this baby, we are going to have a release for the 770. =)

Actually we were really not testing on it, but as the new Canola is pretty "independent" from most of the updates, and we depend more on the python our tests ran ok on the 770, and there's no reason to not make a Hacker Edition install =)

I hope this makes the 770 owners out there a little bit happy =)

Br

Marcelo
on behalf of the Canola Dev team, here in the
OpenBossaLab, INDT.

any timing on when we might see the next release of Canola?

any update on this?