There is a file for redefining keys called .xbindkeysrc

It is in /home/user

More on that in the wiki.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
There is a file for redefining keys called .xbindkeysrc

It is in /home/user

More on that in the wiki.
thanks, maybe you could help me I've ported archlinux just like easy-debian but I'm having a lot of problems to get keyboard to work,

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
thanks, maybe you could help me I've ported archlinux just like easy-debian but I'm having a lot of problems to get keyboard to work,
For more information on setting keyboard definitions check posts #1748 and #1751. However it sounds like you might have a keyboard focus problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
juandp77: make sure you have the /sbin/qobi-wmhint-fix app in your chroot, you need that to make the keyboard focus work.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by qole View Post
juandp77: make sure you have the /sbin/qobi-wmhint-fix app in your chroot, you need that to make the keyboard focus work.
thanks a lot I will do that

When switching from debian image v3d to v3e I am unable to run certain packages I had downloaded using synaptic (from v3d image) like wxmaxima. Is there a way to access those same packages when using v3e or do I need to reinstall them for v3e?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
msicon: you need to reinstall everything. Don't forget the --no-install-recommends option when using apt-get!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
msicon: you need to reinstall everything. Don't forget the --no-install-recommends option when using apt-get!
Thanks. I needed to do some house cleaning anyways. Nothing like a fresh start!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
According to this thread where was a small interest about how to make a working secondlife client under maemo, i decided to make this possible.

Steps:
- First of all, you will need a working easy-debian.

- Go to $CHROOT/etc/apt/sources.list and enable debian squeeze repositories by removing the '#' symbol from the start of the line. Alternatively if you edited this list before and you has no squeeze line anymore, you can add this package: "deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free"

- open up the chroot terminal (not maemo's own terminal) and enter the following code:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libmono2.0-cil libmono-winforms2.0-cil
- download Radegast client (Binary package for Linux, Windows), extract it on your PC and upload it to one of your device's ext2/ext3 partition. Make sure the owner of the folder/files will be the user, and not the root.
(example directory: /home/user/Radegast)

- make Radegast.exe executeable then exit from chroot terminal

- open up maemo's terminal, then execute the following command: debbie-sue [path to Radegast]/Radegast.exe

- optionally you can make a shortcut for it to your desktop

Few screenshots:

Advantages: you can connect into Secondlife anytime, anywhere. As no 3D renderer in this client, the bandwitch requiment is low.

Disadvantages: total memory usage of this application is around 270MB! As the N900 has only ~235MB RAM be prepared that the system will swap all day and night! Use this application only if you realy need it, and do not use anything else in the background!

Edit: right after i hit the send post button, i started wondering why i put this into a 'beta testing' thread instead of a 'what you can do with easy debian' thread... but oh... whatever, cut this post out if you wish.

Last edited by Necc; 2010-12-11 at 18:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Necc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
qole, I am now trying out the new image v3e, and I noticed that squeeze is enabled by default. Is this on purpose? Do you consider squeeze safe enough, provided one always uses "apt-get install --no-install-recommends ..." ?

I also noticed that kazehakase, useful for a google streetview ED app, was installed and then removed from the image. Did you have any problems with it?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze