Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I have a N800, but never use it anymore I turn it on every other month or something, but lets face it, it is old and outdated.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I have a N800, but never use it anymore I turn it on every other month or something, but lets face it, it is old and outdated.
If you're talking about cpu/graphics/lack of 3G data, then sure. I would like to see an N8x0-like device with these updates, but it still doesn't exist in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i would not mind seeing a new cpu, but i have no need for built in mobile connectivity. Things get badly expensive that way, as they invariable get a premium slapped on them to make the carrier contracts look good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by tso View Post
i would not mind seeing a new cpu, but i have no need for built in mobile connectivity. Things get badly expensive that way, as they invariable get a premium slapped on them to make the carrier contracts look good.
I don't need 3G either (as long as I can tether), just recognizing that most mobile devices being introduced now have it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I (sadly) finally got rid of my N810 and the sole reason was because of some of the slowness around tasks that I would use started seeming slower and slower. Not that it was slowing down, but my cellphone (Samsung Captivate) was gaining on it's functionality.

Loved the screen better than the N900, loved the form factor better than the N900... would have KILLED for a CPU update and would have loved for 3D integration and/or utilization. The N810 was superior in all but processing power to the N900 imho.

Sadly what I'm using to replace it - either my Captivate or my iPad - don't really come close to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
N900 screen is too small. The n810 isn't perfect but it is the best there is!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
hello, i have a n8, i was wondering how to get google voice to work on it using wi-fi. is it possible?

I have a N800

I still used my device for browsing, contacts and light office work

I have few software development skills, but can always provide feedback

I always appreciate update applications for Diablo & still have dreams that someday an usable external display method will be developed.

Sadly, my original battery is in it's final phases of life - I'll have to make a decision to get a new one or just use my BB instead.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
N800 with the newest Opera rocks I had given up on the N800, but it has come back to life.

I have and n810 and n770 (now in a drawer)

I use this device mostly to surf the web, check, email, and play some games

I am interested in in being able to use more recent games and apps (n900) and accelerated web browsing/video

I am not experrienced (at all) with programming but I am ready to do whatever I can (testing software and instructions or trying to pick up some simple skills that could help)

I love these devices especially the n810 (in fact I am using it to post here) so you have my moral support at the very least for whatever
it's worth

The Following User Says Thank You to septentriones For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810