Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by stenny View Post
yeah, tags should be reserved for "better" people who have more important things to say! Like you, right? Get off your high horse.
Did I say anything about "better" people? Tags should be used for their proper purpose of helping to classify a thread and hopefully make searching easier. Comments, snidey remarks and attacks should be made in posts where they are subject to moderation - since apparently tags are not moderated and worse still they are "anonymous".

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Just because you don't use them and/or don't know how they can be used doesn't mean it that every jackass should be allowed to use them for their own agenda.
i do know how to use tags and do indeed search using them on other sites, what i was saying is that they dont work here, nor do they need to. theres an insufficient number of threads on relatively similair topics that a heavily policed tagging systems would improve over a power search. therefore tags become superfluous, and thus get used as comedic commentary rather than ignored. it works for us, if you dont like them dont read them. or if you are obsessed with things being used for their original purpose only please renounce your n900 and go back to using a one line green and black display telephone and a desktop, an internet tablet is obviously an unacceptable bastardisation of the telephone and the pc.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
And contrary to what Texrat's comment suggests, that does happen often. Not enough people add useful tags.
...and I posted the solution last time this came up: report the original post. If the thread is in my area, I'll gladly delete tags that are outright antagonistic, and prune humor tags IF they are actually getting in the way of adding useful tags. Just did that here in fact.

I would hope my fellow moderators do the same.

Solved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Did I say anything about "better" people? Tags should be used for their proper purpose of helping to classify a thread and hopefully make searching easier. Comments, snidey remarks and attacks should be made in posts where they are subject to moderation - since apparently tags are not moderated and worse still they are "anonymous".
Attacks of ANY kind are not allowed, period. If you see them in tags, report it. They ARE moderated if brought to our attention.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Ahhh, look at the tags now The air is fresh, the grass is green, the sun is shining, fishes are jumping, birds are singing, girls are smiling

This is much nicer, and we are all happier

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Ahhh, look at the tags now The air is fresh, the grass is green, the sun is shining, fishes are jumping, birds are singing, girls are smiling

This is much nicer, and we are all happier
Yeah, well, now that I deleted the "op is useless" tag...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Yeah, well, now that I deleted the "op is useless" tag...
yes and the eats poo one

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Cowboys and hamburgers = Romeo and Juliet Ahh such romance...

Tags
call the admins, deep philosophy, humor, metathread, search for me, tag! you're it!, tags are fun, this is a tag!, venting, what are tags?