Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Somewhere out West
Originally Posted by devu View Post
Are you on the Google payroll or something?

At the moment if you thing about it. it's noting else you can do on naked N900. (I am not sure about N800). Just put bunch of web bookmark on your 4 desktops and you've done.
I think this Os is more then a bunch of Web apps. I think of it more like a marriage between Linux Desktop + Maemo Os + Interacting on a Cloud framework maybe someday being able to run in Maemo in some Hypervised form or just VNc to it

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
As you can see, I am personally big fun of having my own desktop online. Have all stuff in one place. Make it customizable, etc... But this is what I am happy to see inside my web browser. I am a bit scared about not having normal OS around.

Just in case if internet provider would like me to pay more for overused connection limit or store several private data on my machine. Or just locally work on some stuff without over-bloated layer of protocols going around. and many other reasons...

But it's just me...

So nobody with Chrome installed on his N900 can tell me if they can install the plugin for Jolicloud on this page yet??? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nfkedmbigkfdo# just kidding but man someone reply.

It doesn't work. Need a newer version of the browser to install the extension, apparently.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
So to me it seems:

Cloud Computing = ChromeOS
UNR + Cloud computing = Jolibook
UNR/MeeGo + Chrome(browser) = mature OS

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
So to me it seems:

Cloud Computing = ChromeOS
UNR + Cloud computing = Jolibook
UNR/MeeGo + Chrome(browser) = mature OS
Its some pretty crazy **** yes. They are going to make our browsers into a frontend for Web apps. We will be using online storage to keep personal files that we can access with some mild Os still don't quite get it http://blumpit.com/ I got this working on my N800 in Minefield browser HaHa!!!
Attached Images

It comes with on screen keyboard yay!
Attached Images

This Nickel Browser for Maemo platform anyone??? http://www.jolicloud.com/blog/2010/0...w-html5-ready/ This would bring some +700 linux web apps to Maemo

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
i've tried jolicloud 1.0 on a netbook several times: not worth it, yet. the OS wasn't mature enough for everyday use, too many hang-ups, up to a point where you couldn't log on i.e. no access to the OS at all. sure, it feels snappy, especially on hardware-handicapped systems but at the end of the day, a regular OS (any linux with lxde/xfce/*box DE/WM will pretty much run on anything) still wins. i'll see if chrome OS will bring more stability to the table.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
i've tried jolicloud 1.0 on a netbook several times: not worth it, yet. the OS wasn't mature enough for everyday use, too many hang-ups, up to a point where you couldn't log on i.e. no access to the OS at all. sure, it feels snappy, especially on hardware-handicapped systems but at the end of the day, a regular OS (any linux with lxde/xfce/*box DE/WM will pretty much run on anything) still wins. i'll see if chrome OS will bring more stability to the table.
You do realize Joli has full Linux under the Hood and Chrome Os will NOT!!