Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by crasbelize View Post
Ok. It's now written in stone.
The phone just went on sale.

Am thinking I could downgrade my t-mobile plan and save some money. I could use there data since it's free, it should be fast because it's on sprint's network!

Life just got sweeter!
Let us know how your experience goes with the Intercept. I've been eyeing the thing as a possible gift for my mom.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Let us know how your experience goes with the Intercept. I've been eyeing the thing as a possible gift for my mom.
No problem!

I will be picking it up ones my N900 bid ends.

Check it out you Guys

it comes with extras!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Here is something that is also tablet related Ocosmos Ocs1 http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67009

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Here is something that is also tablet related Ocosmos Ocs1 http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67009
Heheh... Windows Phone 7 is an epic FAIL, though. As usual, Microsoft will, of course, keep f***ing that chicken.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

By the by--my Samsung Galaxy Tab already got the newest updated Android Market.. and, best of all, I got the new vector-mapped Google Maps 5.0 on both my Tab and my Droid... and it is INCREDIBLE. Everybody here in the office went NUTS over it.. and the guy in the next cubicle (who was literally about to buy a Blackberry today) decided instead to go out today to get a Samsung android Galaxy S phone after seeing that alone. He was already paying for a navigation service that offered nothing quite this fluid and useful... and this is FREEEEEEE from Google.

As for the new Market... I think I liked the old one better. I HATE the wasted space at the top and the general layout, to me, seems less informative, less intuitive and less useful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
@Danramos

I think that device is running Windows 7 and not Windows Phone 7. I may be mistaken.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
@Danramos

I think that device is running Windows 7 and not Windows Phone 7. I may be mistaken.
Ah--you're right! It's using an Intel Atom Oaktrail, which makes it fall into the x86 line of processors. Far more impressive, then. Although, I'd probably ditch Windows 7 for something else, it might make a pretty darn nice tablet, then.

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/intel...more-versatile

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Heheh... Windows Phone 7 is an epic FAIL, though. As usual, Microsoft will, of course, keep f***ing that chicken.
The Ocosmos is running on an Atom processor with Windows 7, and you probably could replace Windows 7 with some Linux distro. Yes Windows Phone 7 does suck.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
OK.. this is interesting. I have my Samsung headphones on right now, watching The Today Show (video podcast feed of the show from NBC) here at work. I decided to get up to go to the break room on the other side of the building to get some ice for my drink (I sit on one extreme end, break room is on the other side of the building I work in (tallest building in Hartford, CT, in fact). I leave my Galaxy Tab in my cubicle and began walking with my cup--no loss of audio. I keep stridently walking and walking and get to the break room where it FINALLY began cracking up a little. WOW! That's easily far beyond the 30 feet that Bluetooth is supposed to be rated for. Without measuring, I think it's closer to 100 feet away. I'm not sure if it's to the Tab's credit, or the Samsung headphones, or both. Once I finish charging up my Motorola headphones, I'll have to try the same experiment to see if there's a difference.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy