Notices

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Just a question to the gkuenning ones:

Is there really no period behind those abbreviations ? It hight potentially mangle some unabbreviated street names (5th Avenue -> 5th Avenuenue), like jj0 mentioned earlier.
Yeah, in the States these are usually spelled without the period... So regexp support is needed, since you'll have stuff like "Penn Ave" but you can't sub "Ave" (without the space) for "Avenue"...

btw, I have both .maps and .map_tile_cache directories in MyDocs.
I wonder for what .map_tile_cache is for? It is empty.

modRana and Mappero are both using MyDocs/.maps ?

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by 7thd
<problem> I lost the crosshair/fix/pointer as well as the tracks and start/end pointers. (...)
<problem> Modrana won't start at all now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This might be caused the by corrupted settings file. Try to delete/move somewhere else this file:
/opt/modrana/data/options.bin
ModRana will create a new one with default settings if it cant find the old one. This might even solve your other problem with missing position indicator.

Also, failed loading of the options file should really fail more gracefully, with a "loading settings failed" notifications and not with a crash... I'll do something about it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
</problem> 1 0 0 % f i x T H X !
I might add that it works better than first install (I think it was 2 versions before v 0.20-3). Namely, I believe after first install two blue squares where always present on navigation screen (mentioning: starting a track to calculate time to resp. start and destination). They're not there now anymore (hadn't figured those out btw; they remained always the same*).

*edit: except in your exemplary tracks, somewhere way out east

Last edited by 7thd; 2010-12-15 at 20:20.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Have you tried how the batch download to sqlite fares in 0.20-3 ?
I was having the same issue. 0.20-3 fixed it for me.

I also found part of the issue with my longer trip? Apparently something in the install is nuking the sqlite db files? When I updated to the new version the db file went away. So I'm backing those up now before updates in the future.

The emphasis tags come from SSML are used so that espeak puts emphasis on important words
I got this too, and know how to fix it. In the rule file you have:
Code:
St.;Street
In the case of regex, the dot (.) matches a single character. So:
Code:
Turn right on <emphasis>Jay St</emphasis>
becomes:
Code:
Turn right on Jay Street /emphasis>
OK, I'll try to investigate if I can find something about this mysterious option.
I'm testing an option or two right now. If I go lock-up free for a while I'll post my settings here. It's a bandaid to what's clearly a kernel bug, but it's better than nothing. (Which is what Nokia is good at delivering so far.)

Thanks for the feedback and updates!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Just noticed that TTS does not quite follow the device volume setting, if I lower volume using the hardware keys, TTS volume lowers, but it can get louder by itself again, or new TTS messages start at full volume.

This is with the latest version in -devel

Last edited by petur; 2010-12-17 at 14:18.

Have you tried how the batch download to sqlite fares in 0.20-3 ? I have made the database access sequential in this version as I suspect that concurrent access to the database might be causing for all those "database locked" errors.
Significant improvement, I'm downloading thousands now, and so far no error...

The log however keeps saying "threads: 9" though I raised these to 50 in options, so maybe you didn't implement the option properly.
The emphasis tags come from SSML are used so that espeak puts emphasis on important words, like street names or the turn commands. IMO it is reading the tag because it is somehow mangled - either the is a < missing or the <emphasis> opening tag is not where it should be. Does it happen for all turns or just from time to time ?
Yeah, haven't heard it now for a while. Are google's nav instructions cached somewhere? Or is this also in the log, have had it turned of for nav, so don't know...

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I got this too, and know how to fix it. In the rule file you have:
Code:
St.;Street
In the case of regex, the dot (.) matches a single character. So:
Code:
Turn right on <emphasis>Jay St</emphasis>
becomes:
Code:
Turn right on Jay Street /emphasis>
Makes sense, but I thought there was no regexp support so far, that it was just a straight replace, isn't that so?

If there's regexp then this should do it:
Code:
St\.;Street

My /var/log/syslog is flooded with warnings when I use modRana.
A known bug?
Code:
Dec 18 00:25:56 Nokia-N900 [1153]: GLIB DEBUG default - location-sb: fix status changed: 3->2
Dec 18 00:25:56 Nokia-N900 python2.5[6238]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Trying to register gtype 'LocationGPSDeviceSet' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
Dec 18 00:25:56 Nokia-N900 python2.5[6238]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Trying to register gtype 'LocationGPSDeviceSet' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
Dec 18 00:25:57 Nokia-N900 [1153]: GLIB DEBUG default - location-sb: fix status changed: 2->3
Dec 18 00:25:57 Nokia-N900 python2.5[6238]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Trying to register gtype 'LocationGPSDeviceSet' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
Dec 18 00:26:05 Nokia-N900 last message repeated 17 times

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Latest version, same error in batch download:

After a while:

unable to open database file
exception in get tiles thread

I thought it disappeared in the prior version, now it's back. What's the prob?

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
<noticed>
-Changing from Car Mode to another mode and then back to Car Mode--> two blue rectangles are added to the navigation UI. They mention adding a track to show time to either start or destination.
I'm unaware what function these rectangles have to have. Do they contain a future feature? Like more info on route? I noticed in the exemplary logs they turned up with a function.
(forementioned removal/renaming of file named /opt/modrana/data/options.bin and consequent reviving of the same (after re-run) has modRana restart a UI without the rectangles)

<wildely proposed feature>
Another mode in which you could plot more than two (simple) track points would be very cool. If added by absolute directions (straight path) for each part of the route would make a Ship Mode. Visualization: dots with the wind direction and distance as indicator of where to go. Sky rocketing would it be if a straight line was drawn from present position to next track point but I guess this all would be a bieg job to realize.

<general question>
The GPX files. (What prevends them from being opened in Google Earth?) Is it possible to mutate those on PC (other program)?

Last edited by 7thd; 2010-12-19 at 22:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps