Active Topics

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Port 2.3 and start again
2.2 is old news!

Remember when we only had 1.6? Everyone said to port 1.6 with full support - Didn't happen. e-yes done 2.2 on day one and look how far it has gone! So much further than 1.6 was going!

2.3 all the way!

E-yes is a champ!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2010-12-21 at 07:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Port 2.3 and start again
2.2 is old news!

Remember when we only had 1.6? Everyone said to port 1.6 with full support - Didn't happen. e-yes done 2.2 on day one and look how far it has gone! So much further than 1.6 was going!

2.3 all the way!

E-yes is a champ!
there is alot of difference in 1.6 and 2.2
2.2 is still on most handsets as compared to 1.6 and 2.3 is still in its beginning..
e-yes was right to take the decision to move to 2.2 rather to stick on 1.6 but thats not the case with 2.3 as N900 hardware (late 2009) is not strong enough to handle an OS of late 2010..

That comment was not about e-yes. It was directed at 'community' voices of "stay at 1.6 and get full support".

It was in reply to this:

Originally Posted by rkpathai View Post
i believe the nitdroid guys should work on 2.2 and make it fully functional instead of running behind ginger, as i have heard 2.3 needs a cpu of around 1GHZ and overclocking generates heat in our hybird N900...
Will be awsome if 2.2 functions fully in beast...

Also, as for 2.3 needing 1ghz - Not true. You may be looking at the old rumors of 'gingerbread' release. It being only for high end devices and such (1ghz/512mb ram). This was all rumor based (actually on droid 3.0). 2.3 runs fine on average (600mhz'ish) devices.

Last edited by kingoddball; 2010-12-21 at 08:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
n900 gets problem on overclocking and secondly every owner of N900 doesnt live in canada or ireland,,, many live in hot countries.;.
1. If I understand correctly, there are stable builds of the OC kernel, its only an issue of wether the n900 you have can take the different lower voltage profiles. I've never had issues due to overclocking, and mine has been OC'd from the 2nd day I purchased it, , I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with a processor chip that can take it.

2. I don't live in Canada or Ireland, I live in Malaysia down near the equator, where its hot and humid all year round,

N900 hardware (late 2009) is not strong enough to handle an OS of late 2010..
What are you basing this statement on?? Its a generalization which is tragically flawed, mate, :P

The Following User Says Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
That comment was not about e-yes. It was directed at 'community' voices of "stay at 1.6 and get full support".

It was in reply to this:

Also, as for 2.3 needing 1ghz - Not true. You may be looking at the old rumors of 'gingerbread' release. It being only for high end devices and such (1ghz/512mb ram). This was all rumor based (actually on droid 3.0). 2.3 runs fine on average (600mhz'ish) devices.
how long you expect that the hackers and developers will come up with a fullly functional 2.3?... what community needs is a fully functional OS not an experiment that deprives them from using the basic phone functionality (telephony + sms)...

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
1. If I understand correctly, there are stable builds of the OC kernel, its only an issue of wether the n900 you have can take the different lower voltage profiles. I've never had issues due to overclocking, and mine has been OC'd from the 2nd day I purchased it, , I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with a processor chip that can take it.

2. I don't live in Canada or Ireland, I live in Malaysia down near the equator, where its hot and humid all year round,
good to know that your n900 survives the overclocking

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
What are you basing this statement on?? Its a generalization which is tragically flawed, mate, :P
when 2.3 is ported on n900.. you will see for yourself that once the flawed generalization turns out to be a bitter truth...

Mate,
Not cool.
They haven't got a fully functional OS on anything other than Maemo.

Why not help develop it yourself? Many of us here have helped develop Android to where it is now. I helped with Marketplace and a few other tid bits, plus testing and cracking away.

If you decide you want to help rather than just WANT something, come to http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php

Edit:
Not even Meego is fully function - Nokia made that!

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
lets stop complaining and be happy with that what e-yes gives us.
maybe it will work maybe not but the point is that the nitdroid team is working hard to make our day a little bit better and we should be thankful for that

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post: