Active Topics

Poll: Who will it be?
Poll Options
Who will it be?

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
With Christmas around the corner...... budget low and in need of a new gadget? Where is your money going?

I was so sure that I would get the next version of Nokia N800 whenever it gets released that I hardly showed any interest in devices with similar capabilities. N810 announced, my decision changed and I started taking interest in ASUS Eee PC. The fact that there is NO way to expand its memory storage(other than attaching a non-portable external USB hard disk) made me give up on it.

Now I am thinking about Archos 640 WiFi. Never owned an Archos device, so should be a good experience to see how a full-fledged media player performs with various media formats when compared to my current favourite N800. Unless something more interesting comes up, I am going to buy it this Christmas.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by earl00 View Post
With Christmas around the corner...... budget low and in need of a new gadget? Where is your money going?
Despite being poorer than a church mouse, I've placed orders for one of the inexpensive N800s. Additionally an Eee has been delivered to my house. Sadly I'm away for the weekend visiting relatives

Both are so damn cheap, yet innovative, that I really had no choice. Technology for the masses!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Nothing for me this year. Looked at the Eee, even looked at the N810. By boss gave me a laptop and a BlackBerry and they made my N800 being without a job. Haven't booted it up since.
So i guess this XMas the money goes to the wife and kids.

I want a gphone

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by revwillie View Post
I want a gphone
What's that? And i don't mean "What does the word gphone mean", i know that. But what are the specs and why do you want one?

Ton.

Last edited by Toontje; 2007-11-03 at 18:21.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
My Xmas money just went to a Pepper Pad 3. Woohoo! (no Eee, sob sob!)

As it's coming from the States, I just hope I'll get it before Xmas.

Nothing for me for Xmas proper this year.

Last Xmas I bought me a Kohjinsha SA1 which is like the hidden ancestor of the Asus EEE.
Thus I know that these tiny devices are hugely useful and enjoyable, AND very complementary to the Nokia tablets (I still use my 770 as much as before). But I'm not in any haste to get one, will wait until the dust, hype and frenzy settles down.

As for the N810, as I already have a BT GPS and keyboard, I have just snagged a cheap (for Europe :-) N800 on the local eBay. I hope it arrives just in time for the OS2008 release, so I can join in the fun without having to wait again for an OS2008HE for my 770 :-)

Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
What's that? And i don't mean "What does the word gphone mean", i know that. But what are the specs and why do you want one?

Ton.
well, it's still rumours, vaporware and fairy dust so far, but I'll be eligible for a Tmobile low price upgrade again on December 1st, Tmobile USA is supposedly going to be the first to offer a gphone, gphone doesn't run windows mobile, gphone isn't an iphone, and I think I just love everything google does...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
PS3 for me, probably the 40GB version - I've got to have something on which to watch my all time favourite film, the Blu-Ray edition of "Blade Runner - The Final Cut"!