Notices

hi
Abso fantastic program. How do I delete misspelled words of virtual keyboard?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by arvind View Post
hi
Abso fantastic program. How do I delete misspelled words of virtual keyboard?
Do they not show up in the editor? If not, then I'll have to have a play around with the virtual keyboard and see where it's storing things.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
virtual keyboard and physical keyboard words, when using with MicroB; Are not shown in the editor; i.e. when i type via virtual/physical keyboard for google or other sites.
when I type a google querry, misspelled words keeps appearing. I guess N900 Auto complete stores words in diff folders for diff programs !

virtual keyboard and physical keyboard words, when using with MicroB; Are not shown in the editor; i.e. when i type via virtual/physical keyboard for google or other sites.
when I type a google querry, misspelled words keeps appearing. I guess N900 Auto complete stores words in diff folders for diff programs !
Is this just in microB? I'm pretty sure that's using the standard Firefox auto-completion rather than the OS version. As far as I've been able to tell, all apps using the Maemo auto-completion use the same dictionary.

I just deleted all the words in both dictionaries i.e. Eng (UK, USA) and reboot my device, now old misspelled words do not appear. Thanks

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Thanks for developing this app, very useful !

Hmm.. Again I started having same prob of misspelled word keep appearing usng both virtual/physical keyboards in all applications.
1. Firstly, I deleted ALL the words from both the activated dictionaries (Eng UK & US)
2. I saved the dictionaries. I thought this way it will stop the appearance of misspelled words. But I was wrong, now it seems those misspelled words does not show in Auto Complete program for me to delete them; yet they appear while typing it out.
Any solution? Thanks in advance.

Hmm.. Again I started having same prob of misspelled word keep appearing usng both virtual/physical keyboards in all applications.
1. Firstly, I deleted ALL the words from both the activated dictionaries (Eng UK & US)
2. I saved the dictionaries. I thought this way it will stop the appearance of misspelled words. But I was wrong, now it seems those misspelled words does not show in Auto Complete program for me to delete them; yet they appear while typing it out.
Any solution? Thanks in advance.
Is Auto Complete Editor still showing the dictionaries as empty? The only thing I can suggest to try is removing the dictionary history file:
Code:
rm /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.used.dictionary
killall hildon-input-method
That file hasn't been used for auto-completion in my testing though (I think it's just used for prioritising which words to suggest).

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Is Auto Complete Editor still showing the dictionaries as empty? The only thing I can suggest to try is removing the dictionary history file:
Code:
rm /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.used.dictionary
killall hildon-input-method
That file hasn't been used for auto-completion in my testing though (I think it's just used for prioritising which words to suggest).
Wow ! You are a genius
I used filebox to delete the .used dictionary file and I rebooted the phone and Voila, all the misspelled words vanished.
Thanks bro

Auto complete Editor seems to be broken for me... Help.