Originally Posted by bakuur View Post
I've been waiting months ago!
i emailed them for many different purposes!
it seems that they abandoned me
this is the best tab so far!
but i started to consider getting the archos 101
atleast i can get my hands on one and stop imagining ;/
Be patience i bet you by the end of this year they shall start shipping. As you said its the best tab out there, so be patience as best things come to those who wait

The Following User Says Thank You to TH3ORY For This Useful Post:
Somebody in the UK has got one for sale.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WeTab-32GB-3G-...ht_1703wt_1139

I'm guessing your money has no self-esteem (or self-respect) for it to want to be traded in for a WeTab (urgh!).

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I'm guessing your money has no self-esteem (or self-respect) for it to want to be traded in for a WeTab (urgh!).
Oh really, what exactly is wrong with the WeTab ??

Just got email from WeTab take a look

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your interest in the WeTab.

Currently it is still only directly available in Germany and The Netherlands.

Still we would like to give our international fans the possibility to purchase a WeTab.

When ordering the WeTab, your order is processed by an independent onlineshop of one of our partners. Initially shipments will be available to the European Union.

Both versions are offered on the following conditions:

WeTab 3G 32GB , price: 569 Euro VAT included plus 18,90 Euro delivery charges

WeTab 16GB , price: 449 Euro VAT included plus 18,90 Euro delivery charges

The payment can take place by international bank credit transfer (IBAN / BIC).

If you are interested in purchasing a WeTab we kindly ask you to send us an E-Mail with the subject “ WeTab order “.

Ongoing you will receive a confirmation of reservation within a week and the Onlineshop-Domain of our partner. The delivery of the WeTab will start in January, 2011.

For the moment, the device offers english and german language packages, but as soon as your language is supported on the WeTab, you can simply switch via the user surface.

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas

The WeTab-Team

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... lemme ask the question that nobody seems to be answering.

The only MeeGo based product out there and yet nobody has used it yet?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... lemme ask the question that nobody seems to be answering.

The only MeeGo based product out there and yet nobody has used it yet?
"MeeGo" based, they're in no way compliant. And they'd need to sell it outside Germany for any appreciable number of people to use it. Not that I'd buy it, what with the poky hardware :/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
"MeeGo" based, they're in no way compliant. And they'd need to sell it outside Germany for any appreciable number of people to use it. Not that I'd buy it, what with the poky hardware :/
Define compliant. I mean, it's an open source OS, right? What compliance do you speak of that I'm more than likely not aware of?

Define compliant. I mean, it's an open source OS, right? What compliance do you speak of that I'm more than likely not aware of?
MeeGo actually has a compliance spec in development that vendors must follow to be able to use the MeeGo trademark and be reasonably considered compatible. The version of MeeGo they used was before the first version of the spec was even released, and is pretty much guaranteed to not be by the time it's settled.

There's nothing stopping them, but they can't call their OS "MeeGo" or even "MeeGo compliant."

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Basically to be able to use the MeeGo trademark you need to be compliant.

http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Compliance

Long story short it means you can't remove a lot of things from the system, butcher it, claim it's MeeGo and have disappointed users not have their applications work on your devices...

Or as some has done, dump the user experience on top of OpenSUSE, with no sight of MeeGo Core and make a product with a name close to MeeGo that gets confused by bloggers and newssites for being MeeGo-based, where MeeGo applications wouldn't function properly on..

Compliance is a negatively-laden word but in practice it is just trademark enforcement and is very similar to many other distributions such as OpenSUSE's, Ubuntu's or Fedora's.

The goal for compliance is to avoid fragmentation..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
drugs, peetab