My Review of the 21/12/2010 release on audio:
I'm using a Shure e5c headset, and the music quality to the Shures for all the patches was worst than the previous releases. I'm thinking its the bass settings, as the bass comes out as muffle even on flacs files. gonna mess with the settings and report back. but the CPU usage went down quite a bit. so thanks again for the updated patch

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
i don't know if i testified here already but... i must say this is a must have. it makes the UI experience faster.
with my setup freshly flashed, transitions moded, overclocked,optimized(when needed). name = purpose

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
well ill agree with bobby to some extent. here is detailed review

speedboost.sh -
pros
lowest cpu utilisation, substantial difference in NFSU game performance, UI remains super smooth

cons
terrible sound quality, very loud but audio sounds pure mono, artificial and superficial bass output.

boostn900.sh
pros
medium cpu utilisation avg 34 percent while playing music, music quality very good and appropriate bass output, NFSU game performance equivalent to speedboost.sh

cons
none so far

audioboost.sh
pros
same sound quality and output like boostN900.sh but with more thump and bass. cpu utilisation while playing music avgs 36 percent.

cons
sometimes a lill lag in UI while opening multiple windows, NFSU game performance is degraded after initial reboot, (relaunching the game improves the performance and is equivalent to the speed of boostn900)

note - using cpufrequi and applying 'ignore nice load' and 'smartreflex' UI in audioboost.sh makes the ui very smooth

p.s. battery yet to be tested in all the patches

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
With this script and patches, it does seem that I can get an average of 2 additional hours of use before I have to re-charge the battery. I continue to use my N900 as normal and have been monitoring the battery life with Battery Graph. Extremely useful script for me.

I overclock my N900 at 1Ghz and haven't noticed any adverse affects with the script running. The transitions in switching between applications and minimizing/maximizing windows does seem quicker and slightly smoother. Even if it's my mind playing tricks on me and I want to believe my N900 is quicker, thanks for the script.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topdavis For This Useful Post:
Thank guys for all the feed backs, I truly appreciate them.

I have here another script that further improves mp3 quality and makes the headsets much louder, but it is just for testing purposes only so it is not in the first post.

I'm mainly interested sound quality this time around. Instructions on how to use it are the same as the first post.

@nkirk

BoostN900 is the best bet to lower cpu consumption while maintaining most of the mp3 quality. About the cpu usage, your just gonna have to wait for the gui which ever way it turn out to be, so you can tweak to you liking.

@ tusharmax
I had to leave the earphones at default because there were complaints of it echoing on some devices.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BoostN900.zip (95.3 KB, 379 views)

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-12-24 at 02:59.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
i understand that but can you please post a custom script to increase earphone volume, i can bear with the echoing in case it happens.. I am sure lotta users might be interested in this. Thnx in advance!

I just did it, i'll return with feedback...

Is it only one time i've to type this even if i restart my phone??

Originally Posted by KevinSass View Post
I just did it, i'll return with feedback...

Is it only one time i've to type this even if i restart my phone??
Yep only once.

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Yep only once.
Thanks

Can i install Swappolube again???

Originally Posted by KevinSass View Post
Thanks

Can i install Swappolube again???

depends on the script your using, if your using AudioBoost.sh then you can have swappolube installed. The other two SpeedBoost.sh and BoostN900.sh, you should remove swappolube.

I have sent a message to the swappolube gui creator requesting that we merge the script into the program....he hasn't replied for I think three days now.