Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Well with the solution to copy the kernel it works "ok" now, though the internet connection could be better. I can surf for 2-3 minutes, got a quite big lag then and can continue then again. So its still not so good as a USB / BT connection!

The connection to the phone itself is fine and it works even as LAN router without any lag (10MBit~). Just the internet connection is still not good working yet.

delete this post solved my problem

Last edited by shnigi; 2010-10-28 at 21:43.

hey i followed the above instruction but i still hang on the same problem.
i installed power kernel then the problem getting start.

please help. thank in advance.

solve my problem. thanks you guys.

Tutorial not working for PR1.3 !?

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Tutorial not working for PR1.3 !?
It works fine for me

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
I use the hotspot app from devel and the custom kernel, works fine so far.

If you have any "stability" issues with your Joiku connection or simply a very slow connection then there is an easy solution:

Just run a permanent ping from your N900 to the connected PC/NB, that way the connection "stays alive". It seems to be an issue with the WLAN power management of the N900.

It would be even better if we could disable the "WLAN Energy Save Mode" for the Joiku connection, then such a ping wouldn't be required and reaction / speed would be even better. I tested that with my router connection and SSH / SFTP, the speed / reaction difference is huge! The terminal is running so fast and smooth <3

I'm afraid i'm another one with the same problem? Unfortunatly i've read evreything people posted on how to fix but its all german to me? I don't even know what a kernal is and to be honest... i don't want to know either?? All i know is, i paid 9 quid for somethin that doesn't work? I'm still pr1.2 (voda) my pc connects but no internet. I know you guys could get it going for me but i'm useless with all this x term stuff n i don't wanna ruin my phone. I have rootsh installed so i know i can enable x term but thats as far as my brain will let me?? Sorry?? Can anyone help me out please
Nath

Originally Posted by Gusse View Post

Here are step-by-step guidance, but it is on your own risk.
Open x-term and type these commands:

- back-up JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko to /home/user
Code:

cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/user/

- gain root rights
Code:

sudo gainroot

- remove old file
Code:

rm /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

- copy a new from kernel's modules
Code:

cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

That's it.

EDIT: You have to do this always when either kernel or JoikuSpot is updated to a newer version.
When I do the last command "cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications"

It says /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko does not exist.

What should I do???

Tags
joikuspot