Notices

Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
Don't run last set of commands!

Please, post your problem to Overclock thread.
You seems to have files in place, but kernel was not changed.

Edit:
You might want to try this one:
Kernel Power, Issues after multiboot or Nitdroid installation

Thanks for the info, will ask them over there

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
My Joikuspot has a new issue again, this time I see only white pages but do have a internet connection? What is wrong this time -.-?

At least Mobilehotspot is working as alternate atm.

How can i reverse this.....

- back-up JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko to /home/user
Code:

cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/user/

- gain root rights
Code:

sudo gainroot

- remove old file
Code:

rm /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

- copy a new from kernel's modules
Code:

cp /lib/modules/current/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

Ever since i did this my internet has become painfully slow? The first 2 command lines worked for me so i'll just keep using them

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
If you have any "stability" issues with your Joiku connection or simply a very slow connection then there is an easy solution:

Just run a permanent ping from your N900 to the connected PC/NB, that way the connection "stays alive". It seems to be an issue with the WLAN power management of the N900.

It would be even better if we could disable the "WLAN Energy Save Mode" for the Joiku connection, then such a ping wouldn't be required and reaction / speed would be even better. I tested that with my router connection and SSH / SFTP, the speed / reaction difference is huge! The terminal is running so fast and smooth <3
can you show me how to run a permanent ping thing and how to disable the wlan enrgy save mode for the joiku connection? thanks

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
Thanks MohammadAG Man thanks Alot.....
It realy works excelent....
for all now u have to type in the exact wordings...

with capital J,S and B
modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer
Works like a charms...

Dude is there any perminent fix for it to work with titan kernel
Thanks

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
hmm myn joiku run fine with power kernel.
Does joiku have problem with power-kernek?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Milano, Italia
MoahmmadAD you are always the best!!!!!TANKS

having issues with jokiuspot and kernel power v47. connects but no browsing. proper bouncer file is where it should be but no luck. any ideas. posted on the kernel thread as well but no luck. any help...please? or ideas?

I am having this problem too. I have restarted my device a few times but it still doesn't work. I should have done it right. Went to X-Terminal, typed sudo gainroot, then modprobe (space) JoikuSpot_Bounce. Word for word, letter by letter ensuring Uppercase were applied for J,S and B but i got a "FATAL: Module JoikuSpot_Bounce not found". I have tried keying in root instead of gainroot and i stil get the same error message. Please help!

Last edited by azriln900; 2011-06-03 at 02:53.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by azriln900 View Post
I am having this problem too. I have restarted my device a few times but it still doesn't work. I should have done it right. Went to X-Terminal, typed sudo gainroot, then modprobe (space) JoikuSpot_Bounce. Word for word, letter by letter ensuring Uppercase were applied for J,S and B but i got a "FATAL: Module JoikuSpot_Bounce not found". I have tried keying in root instead of gainroot and i stil get the same error message. Please help!
JoikuSpot_Bouncer

Tags
joikuspot