Active Topics

Notices

Hi,
I have Opel/Vauxhal Vectra C with UHP (car kit) which is not supporting PBAP (according document which I found on the network -https://www.bluetooth.org/qualweb/Pr...ProductID=2473).
Solutions which is made by developers is not working for me. I've few old Nokia's at home and all of them are working fine. All contacts are displayed on the screen in the car.

Do you know if any different solution exist to solve this problem?? Transfer vCards with Petrovich is not working.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I used the latest problem of PBAP and can't get it working correctly, though the basic function seems to be working fine.

I'm trying it with my German Mercedes W203 which has a Kenwood BT60U installed. The radio is using a real good working Parrot Bluetooth module which has tons of options and even supports Bluetooth audio (A2DP) and a lot of other functions.

Yesterday I tried to get PBAP running and installed the two suggested .deb files, after I restarted phone I connected it via BT to the BT60U. It is showing "Downloading..." now and the section "Phone book" appears. When I select it I see one single phone number and a lot of empty entries with no number/name at all, though I can select them.

The following BT formats are supported: HFP, HSP, SPP, PBAP, OPP, SYNC, A2DP, AVRCP. Maybe something is conflicting with each other?

Anyone has an idea why it is receiving only a single number and shows all other contacts without name / number?

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-12-17 at 00:05.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
@crogge
It probably receives only a single number because it stops after this first number...

please follow the other suggestions on the wiki page about getting log information about the bluetooth traffic. That information may show you what is going on and might help you to resolve your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post:
Got this working mostly ok with porsche PCM in new 2011 Cayman.

Only thing that is not working correctly is fetching the last received/dialed numbers, the lists are populated but the contents seem quite random and there are numbers there that I'm pretty sure I've never dialed with this phone.

But anyways as the phonebook part itself is working, it's good enough for me, so thanks again for this!

hi

have installed both .deb files via root, but the n900 still doesnt sync contacts with my dension gateway500 i would like to post report but not sure what i need to do to get log files off n900. to confirm it works great with my GF's iphone 3gs.

i noticed in the old thread, member crsnwby has the same set up in his a6, tried to message him to see if he got it working but i dont have required permissions. if someone on here who nows him could message him to let me know if there is a workaround it would appreciated.

thanks for the great work guys

morgan

Nokia CK-200 and

libopenobex2 1.5
obexd2 0.35-0maemo1

does not work. CK-200 starts the transfer but immediately returns to the main menu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hcidump-ck200.zip (3.1 KB, 94 views)

just in case anyone is wondering, this method works with sending contact info to the Blueant Q2 Bluetooth. Now when someone calls my n900 the Bluetooth announces the name

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
I have tried this with a Nissan Qashquai and it works! The dialed calls and missed calls don't show what they should but at least the phonebook works a treat:-) Many thanks to all......

Do all Garmin SatNavs use PBAP? Anybody tried this with a TomTom?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Portugal
Followed the instructions and it worked perfectly for my car bluetooth kit (Opel Insignia Navi 800)!!
For the less experienced (as myself)just take care where you place the .deb files, if you put them in the N900 root folder (using the file manager), be aware that in the x-terminal it is called home/user/MyDocs !!!

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile