for some of those having issues - my n900 had a wierd problem, scrolling up would most of the times scroll down especially when i scrolled really fast in the rss reader and even it webpages, very annoying.

turns out it was the screen protector - i cant understand how/why, it does not make sense but i removed it and now my n900 works fine.

I've tried removing the screen protector and leaving it in rice overnight without much luck. Even tried pulling it apart to dry it out - got stuck on the screws that hold the LCD and touch screens together (couldn't get to the touch-screen).

The other day, I held a blow-dryer on it from a distance (low fan/heat) and it worked ok for a few minutes until it cooled down. The humidity has been really bad here recently and I think it may have some condensation inside the touchscreen.

Is there any way to answer/end calls using the keyboard? At least it would function as a phone again. I can SSH into it and/or bring up xterm (ctrl-shift-x).

I really like the n900, but am hesitant to buy another n900 or replacement screen (or Nokia) in case this happens again.

My problems went away just like it cames...
Since yesterday the touchscreen have become more and more responsive and now it's completely normal! Uber weird!
I'dont REALLY know how it's working again

Originally Posted by tatagiba View Post
My problems went away just like it cames...
Since yesterday the touchscreen have become more and more responsive and now it's completely normal! Uber weird!
I'dont REALLY know how it's working again
?maybe we just have to wait for the device to dry out?

Left the screen protector off overnight and it appears to be working again. The rain has also stopped and it is feeling less like a (humid) sweaty arm-pit around here.

I don't know nothing anymore!
Yesterday after my reply posted here, I checked my N900 that was charging, running the transmission (a torrent application), It was very very hot and there was a error msg that I dont remember...
After I turned it off and when I torn it on again the screen has become unresponsive, like there something holding the screen, I mean when u press a button it's like it's beeing holding, u move your finger to move the screen it comes back to the same position! Extreme weird!
Don't know what to do....
Should I open the device or flash it?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
for some of those having issues - my n900 had a wierd problem, scrolling up would most of the times scroll down especially when i scrolled really fast in the rss reader and even it webpages, very annoying.

turns out it was the screen protector - i cant understand how/why, it does not make sense but i removed it and now my n900 works fine.
I don't like to add a me too, but me too. I actually went out and bought a new touch screen thinking my N900 was developing a problem. Peel off the old protector in preparation for replacement only to notice all is well again in the world.

I bought a different brand of screen protector, no problem now, it's thinner than the one that caused the trouble, not sticky at all either, electrostatic I guess.

What u exacly mean when u say "screen protector"?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by tatagiba View Post
What u exacly mean when u say "screen protector"?
A screen protector is a thin film of plastic that you put over the display of your phone to prevent scratches or damage.

Lol, you wouldn't think the screen protector was causing problems - but it was! I'd had in on since it was NEW and never had an issue. The screen protector probably got worn over time!

It was just pot luck, I didn't have anything to lose so just removed it! Anyway glad I could help!