Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
Portrait hw keyboard looks good but what's the point, really? Why would someone opt for a more cramped keyboard just to be able to view more vertical space on the screen? What is the application where this is a good idea?
I like the portrait look better than landscape honestly. Less scrolling up and down than when in landscape. 840 (or so) pixels as opposed to 480 (or so) pixels. I'll choose more info on the screen than less anyday whilst typing.

Cramped? I do have to personally agree with that. But after it having a layout like the current Blackberry (take your pick) then honestly people have gotten somewhat used to portrait and the keyboard below.

This might become my next phone.

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'll choose more info on the screen than less anyday whilst typing.
When typing, I'm interested in seeing my own paragraphs as well as possible. Everything else is a distraction. I don't see how portrait orientation is helping me with that.

I don't deny the fact that the phone looks good with portrait keyboard extended, but from a strict utilitarian perspective, I guess the users will end up feeling a bit stupid when using the device after a few weeks (when the novelty has worn off)?

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Dell is very bad quality! I used to buy a lot from them but when I bought their 1300€ LCD-TV 2600 26" some years ago it went black 2 years later. In fact it was a default error because many others suffers the same and didn't get any compensation. Looks good but bad quality. Never again!