Active Topics

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I wish you the best in 2011!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Here's a neat sounding app. It basically allows you to watch TV streams from various places around the net on your Android device.

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...roid-streamer/

The app is still very much in development, but would be very cool with the Tab if it worked as expected!
I wouldn't recommend this app to anyone. Firstly because it's in beta. Ssecondly, the source of the materials is clearly questionable. I wouldn't want to be caught using this app when someone starts looking to find out who has been using it to watch unauthorized material for free. Be sure to read through the XDA thread. Lastly, and this is a biggy, the app itself just looks... very untrustworthy to me--possibly a nice way to get people to load up a trojanized "free movies!" app, y'see? Please, please don't promote stuff like this. :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I wish you the best in 2011!
THANKS! I just got back from a really big New Year party at a friend's house where he had several bunches of his family in attendance all over the house. I kept trying to put away my Galaxy Tab after arriving there (I had been listening to podcasts as I arrived) but people kept asking me what it was and wanted me to show it off. Appropriately, for most of the night, I ended up feeling like I was an unwitting salesman and the big selling feature, if there was any one, seemed to be the Swype interface. One of the older fellows there has a son that works in the Apple store and even he went wide-eyed at that and proclaimed he needed to have one of these. It was pretty funny. Anyway, in the end, I think everyone in the house wanted one (or at least an Android), now. First the cross-country train ride, then all the times I get stopped just out-and-about, then this.

Talk about a GREAT way to start the New Year.

I hope you, your families and your friends all have an EXCELLENT new year, better than before!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I wouldn't recommend this app to anyone. Firstly because it's in beta. Ssecondly, the source of the materials is clearly questionable. I wouldn't want to be caught using this app when someone starts looking to find out who has been using it to watch unauthorized material for free. Be sure to read through the XDA thread. Lastly, and this is a biggy, the app itself just looks... very untrustworthy to me--possibly a nice way to get people to load up a trojanized "free movies!" app, y'see? Please, please don't promote stuff like this. :P
Thanks for the heads up! I have since edited the post with a very visible warning. I would like to comply with the last request, but often times its hard to know what's trustworthy or not being at arms length. In any case, I'll dig a little deeper before pushing links forward.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
THANKS! I just got back from a really big New Year party at a friend's house where he had several bunches of his family in attendance all over the house. I kept trying to put away my Galaxy Tab after arriving there (I had been listening to podcasts as I arrived) but people kept asking me what it was and wanted me to show it off. Appropriately, for most of the night, I ended up feeling like I was an unwitting salesman and the big selling feature, if there was any one, seemed to be the Swype interface. One of the older fellows there has a son that works in the Apple store and even he went wide-eyed at that and proclaimed he needed to have one of these. It was pretty funny. Anyway, in the end, I think everyone in the house wanted one (or at least an Android), now. First the cross-country train ride, then all the times I get stopped just out-and-about, then this.

Talk about a GREAT way to start the New Year.

I hope you, your families and your friends all have an EXCELLENT new year, better than before!
I never get tired of these stories! It's interesting how the little things win the hearts of the consumers. I never would have guessed swype to be a major selling feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Am enjoying mine too much 2.
Proclip just send my dock.......and this BEAST looks great in my 03 Explorer!

Recently got Aura from Sygic to complaint google nav.

Tune in Radio....lets me listen to the radio station I loved on my N900.

O and my N900 sold really well on ebay....got back half what I paid for it......which is not bad!

Am also having more fun with the HD games from gameloft......would be nice if I could use a bluetooth ps3 controller on this thing.

The battery life is sweet! I don't even need a charger for a full day with my tab!

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Verizon Drops Galaxy Tab Price To $499

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Ok I saw your review and I have b booked my samsung tab
Next how to sync my contact list with the tab. Anyone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leojab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 157 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Ok I saw your review and I have b booked my samsung tab
Next how to sync my contact list with the tab. Anyone?
Figure out how to sync your contact list with Google Contacts and then it will automatically sync with your tab.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Duncan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
the free 15 movies thing from samusng movies is great, it actually gives you £165 on your account to spend in the movies app!
the gameloft games are outstanding on a 7 inch screen
so far ive installed:
x4root (installs super user and roots device)
app installer (to install apk's from sd card)
nfs shift
minigore
dungeon hunter
police scanner
ip cam viewer
spare parts (to make non full screen apps full screen)
mr.number
root explorer
dungeon defenders
extended controls
dink hd
tank hero
all free apk's found on the net
i dont really use apps or play games, i just like going through the process of learning how to install dodgy stuff, hacking and modding the firmware ect
and everything looks great on full screen, no scaling issues at all here!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
the free 15 movies thing from samusng movies is great, it actually gives you £165 on your account to spend in the movies app!
the gameloft games are outstanding on a 7 inch screen
so far ive installed:
x4root (installs super user and roots device)
app installer (to install apk's from sd card)
nfs shift
minigore
dungeon hunter
police scanner
ip cam viewer
spare parts (to make non full screen apps full screen)
mr.number
root explorer
dungeon defenders
extended controls
dink hd
tank hero
all free apk's found on the net
i dont really use apps or play games, i just like going through the process of learning how to install dodgy stuff, hacking and modding the firmware ect
and everything looks great on full screen, no scaling issues at all here!
Good list of apps, btw! (For anyone that wants to look for it, he wrote x4root when he meant to write "z4root"... HIGHLY recommended).

I also highly recommend instaiing Astro instead of both app installer and root explorer. Astro will handle both of their jobs PLUS it will also let you browse SMB shares on the network and perform SFTP transfers.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I never get tired of these stories! It's interesting how the little things win the hearts of the consumers. I never would have guessed swype to be a major selling feature.
I didn't even tell you about the Christmas party with my father's side of the family where my cousin's wife's parents (who are self-described geeks) absolutely fawned over both my Droid and the Galaxy Tab. Particularly the Droid, in that case. The father had a Blackberry and just felt like he had invested in garbage. That evening, he wanted to know if the stores were open so that we could head to the Best Buy so he can pick up a Samsung Nexus S. I was pretty sure he wanted to bash the Blackberry against a wall--kinda irked me a little, but he REEALLY loved what I could do with the Droid and the Tab.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy