Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Probably the result of the overclocking.
Yes. There is no doubt that blurry contact pictures (and avian flu) are the result of overclocking.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Yes. There is no doubt that blurry contact pictures (and avian flu) are the result of overclocking.
And Global warming .

Still struggling to get my 900 running pretty smoothly.

I'm running at 900MHz, but I still notice that videos skip the odd frame or two after about 20secs of running.
I think I've looked at all the obvious suspects, Swappolube etc.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Exact same feelings and experience as the OP.
Regardless of tweaksp apps or uptime my phone cannot do 4im chat clients (the main killer is msn, I've tried them all and they're all heavy on traffic), a text message and a phone call, it just grinds to a hault.

Using only the faceache plugin it seems to be ok.

I think its just the result of having a pc in your pocket, there's nothing to say allocate more memory and prioritize the processing power for, say, the phone app.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
No.
If you actually read what I responded to, you would've noticed that I responded to "My phone stutters and freezes all the time". My N900 actually never freezes, and stutters rarely.

Last edited by Venemo; 2011-01-03 at 11:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Could you guys explain why my contacts pictures look hella blurry?
Apparently some kind of bug with the latest version of Hermes:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67706

The Following User Says Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
No.
If you actually read what I responded to, you would've noticed that I responded to "My phone stutters and freezes all the time". My N900 actually never freezes, and stutters rarely.
So that constitutes evidence? No other variables? This can be tested by not overclocking -- I predict his problem won't go away.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I'd suggest dropping the N900 back to factory settings i.e. no overclock, and then run the N900 healthcheck, and also keep Conky or htop running in the background, and see how it is going. Monitor it over a few days.

If you experience issues, then check Conky to see what apps are running, and using up processor time. The results may be surprising.

I had a couple of days where MM10 and media player were really unreliable, and from conky, I found that the last.fm scrobbling plugin was having issues connecting over 3G and using all of the processor. Oddly after a couple of days it started working normally, and was never an issue on wifi, so I am presuming that there was some issue with the network.

the overclocking could be just on the edge for the various chipsets though. but generally when troubleshooting, the first actions are to ensure all updates available are on, and that the hardware is OK (hence turning the OC off).

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Hi Bondage Monkey just want to check something for your case. How did you overclock your N900? Say what's the range of frequencies you set, or have you locked it to a particular frequency?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
i have no problems with the phone , but i would like someone tell me bow to clear my cache ?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Could you guys explain why my contacts pictures look hella blurry?
update on the latest version of Hermes. update contacts info.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;