Active Topics

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
loosing pace my ***** .
oooo guys you forgot to mention that the n900 runs ANDROID APPS LIKE A SHARM IN NITDROID .
so why waysting 600 $ on a new android device just for the apps while you can just dual boot android 2.2 from the emmc in 5-6 steps .
plus rea;;y ? do you want me to start naming all the thi ngs the n900 can do and other phones can't ? it might take some times .LONG LIVE THE N900.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
loosing pace my ***** .
oooo guys you forgot to mention that the n900 runs ANDROID APPS LIKE A SHARM IN NITDROID .
so why waysting 600 $ on a new android device just for the apps while you can just dual boot android 2.2 from the emmc in 5-6 steps .
plus rea;;y ? do you want me to start naming all the thi ngs the n900 can do and other phones can't ? it might take some times .LONG LIVE THE N900.
n900 has android right?

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

simple fact for the matter is andriod has google right behind it watching it every second of every day. maemo has nokia watching it every few months from a telescope a few hundred miles away.

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
loosing pace my ***** .
dont think andriod is good enuf to use on n900. booting the phone into another os for apps is not a good option..! something that is not official will always be imperfect !

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
OP you have not yet mastered the power of the dark side.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Android sucks... It's only good for noobs, and not those who want real GNU/Linux...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AMLJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
Android sucks... It's only good for noobs, and not those who want real GNU/Linux...
But lets be realistic, how many people out there give a crap about "GNU/Linux" hell, I bet the majority of smart phone users don't even know what it is/means.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
my wife got a galaxy S. the samsung Captivate.

the screen size is great. and I love android, I cant wait or a NITDROID self installer for 0.0.9. The size of the overall phone is amazing, very compact. The battery life is comparable to the n900.

I don't like the capacitive touch screen, the colors seem too rich, like someone put the "color" setting all the way up and it bleeds into other areas, and there is no flash on the camera.

Keep in mind these phones are much younger than the N900, and the n900 still has a few things better like the camera, more memory, ability to dual boot.

That alone should be a testament that the n900 is a beast!

can't we just live and let live?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Apart from cutetube, I can't remember the last time I got an update on the n900, that should say something about "the pace".

The potential for the n900 was great and it still can do many things, but the fact that so many people are waiting on android to save it says something about how Nokia treated this wonderful device.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
dont think andriod is good enuf to use on n900. booting the phone into another os for apps is not a good option..! something that is not official will always be imperfect !

well android is very far from perfect, so yes booting it from the emmc isn't oerfect .
and everyone talks about the polished apps and games that android have, well lets say you are browsing the web in maemo5, saw an awesome android app/game, in less than 3 minutes (if you are rnning nitdroid from the emmc) you can download that app from the marketplce and test it .

Tags
iwishiweredead, masterofwhining, paragraph much, what a loser