Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Since kernel-power v46, uboot support has been dropped for some reason.
I decided to upload a package that includes uboot support.
Package name: uboot-power
Based on kernel-power v46.
It boots both maemo and MeeGo without any issues.
Usual warnings apply

P.S, unlike the source of uboot-pr13, this one does not contain binaries, I hope uboot-pr13 will be updated to remove the binaries in it.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Package name: uboot-power
Based on kernel-power v46.
It boots both maemo and MeeGo without any issues.
Usual warnings apply

P.S, unlike the source of uboot-pr13, this one does not contain binaries, I hope uboot-pr13 will be updated to remove the binaries in it.
awesome! thank you so much! saved me alot of time switching between meego and maemo!

this is what i did:

wget http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....2-1_armel.deb

dpkg -i uboot-power_0.2-1_armel.deb

all done in kernelpower46! works flawlessly! booting to meego now!

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Package name...
ok, now i want to return to maemo .

I know I have to press any key while in uboot and type " run noloboot"

but my phone keeps shutting down.

I have multiboot installed, how can I boot to multiboot from uboot?

am stuck now. oops

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
uboot in kernel-power 45 caused problems with some hardware revisions of N900s, other than revision 2010 I think it was.

AFAIK the power45 and power46 kernels are the same except for 2 things: power 46 dropped uboot support but added BT mouse support.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
uboot in kernel-power 45 caused problems with some hardware revisions of N900s, other than revision 2010 I think it was.

AFAIK the power45 and power46 kernels are the same except for 2 things: power 46 dropped uboot support but added BT mouse support.
Not sure about problems (I'm sure you meant 2101 btw), I'm not using the u-boot provided by titan/Matan, this is straight from the u-boot git page with the N900 patches applied.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hmm. Which means I need to still make my own uboot+power46 image when I figure out how to either get or compile a mkimage binary for my N900 (or crack and do it from a Debian VM, but I like the aesthetic of making the kernel image onboard the N900).

Nevertheless, thank you for providing this. It makes me happy to have the uboot screen back, even if I'm not dual booting regularly - just so that I can have it when I build up the motivation to learn how to partition drives/(other-name-for-all-computer-storage-media) correctly.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-16 at 19:00.

Would it be possible to include hid-apple module to next versions of "Enhanced kernel". Let me know if there is some other channel for this enhancement request.

Looks like there are some Apple Bluetooth Keyboards that work without it, but other don't.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41845

I can confirm that mine will connect but don't work. However, after compiling hid-apple.ko for power-kernel v46 and using that, my keyboard finally works with n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=boxkillor;883258]I updated to kernel46 and after that i installed multiboot, now i can only choose omap1. How can i edit multiboot that it shows me v46 as a second choise , please help me

Have the same issue. Installed v46, OC - worked just fine. Installed NITDroid, played with different options - at one point had 5 multiboot options (3 working). Upgraded NITDroid to 0.0.9 and from there - cannot start V46 any more. Only option (other then NITDroid) is OMAP1 - stock kernel. No OC any more inspite V46 is installed. Any suggestions??? Would VERY MUCH apprecaite any advise... TY!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
[QUOTE=3SCoach;909579]
Originally Posted by boxkillor View Post
I updated to kernel46 and after that i installed multiboot, now i can only choose omap1. How can i edit multiboot that it shows me v46 as a second choise , please help me

Have the same issue. Installed v46, OC - worked just fine. Installed NITDroid, played with different options - at one point had 5 multiboot options (3 working). Upgraded NITDroid to 0.0.9 and from there - cannot start V46 any more. Only option (other then NITDroid) is OMAP1 - stock kernel. No OC any more inspite V46 is installed. Any suggestions??? Would VERY MUCH apprecaite any advise... TY!
I'm no expert, but check that the required vmlinuz-??? files exist in the /boot/multiboot directory & that matching .item files exist in the /etc/multiboot.d directory.

--
HammY

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
[QUOTE=3SCoach;909579]
Originally Posted by boxkillor View Post
I updated to kernel46 and after that i installed multiboot, now i can only choose omap1. How can i edit multiboot that it shows me v46 as a second choise , please help me

http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#I...d_installation