Active Topics

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
There are a bunch of bugs related to BT and wifi not working well with each other. There doesn't seem to be anything specifically tied to skype though.
Feel free to raise a bug, but since it is about skype, you might want to raise a parallel bug over at the skype website too.

Also: The wired headset works just as well as the speakers...
Not totally handsfree, but close enough.
Alternatively there are some products out there that have a stereo jack connected to a dongle that does BT. might be worth investigating.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Thanks stickymick.
I have dual band router..let me try 5Ghz instead of 2.4ghz and update.

I will also try your suggestion.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Also A2DP is flawless as long as I keep the phone on the same side as the earpiece. If it is on the other side, it sometimes cuts out.
I can verify this too. Although I have a headset which hangs around my neck and the receiver "drops" down and hangs on my chest. When I walk with the phone in my jeans' front pocket, the audio cuts out every second step. Incredibly annoying.
I'm using two versions of the "same" headset: SonyEricsson HBH-DS970 and HBH-DS980.

Last edited by fredrik_wendt; 2011-01-06 at 21:08. Reason: added headset model

Seems like everybody is having issues with BT. Does Maemo team knows about this?

Originally Posted by fredrik_wendt View Post
I can verify this too. Although I have a headset which hangs around my neck and the receiver "drops" down and hangs on my chest. When I walk with the phone in my jeans' front pocket, the audio cuts out every second step. Incredibly annoying.
I'm using two versions of the "same" headset: SonyEricsson HBH-DS970 and HBH-DS980.
It's not confined to the N900. I used to get the same issues with both my N95-8GB and N73 when I used my Motorola HT820 headphones. If the BT receiver is on the opposite side of the body to the handset the body can mask the signal. I think I read that in the HT820 manual.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m_dk29 View Post
Seems like everybody is having issues with BT. Does Maemo team knows about this?
Yes they do.

Yes they do.
So it will be just one more request with no resolution if i raise one

Not good Maemo

Is it same with every other phone including our rival iphone.. then i will be happy.

Originally Posted by m_dk29 View Post
So it will be just one more request with no resolution if i raise one

Not good Maemo
Actually, no - it won't go completely un-noticed.
I'd like to hope that it was because of those bugs that subsequent PRs incrementally improved the BT + wifi working.
But then there's also the fact that Nokia is probably moving on from Maemo, and all these bugs might eventually be a "wont fix".
So file a bug, but as always - don't expect quick decisive action - or any action.

So file a bug, but as always - don't expect quick decisive action - or any action.
I will do that.

If its happening with other phones also then i will also post in skype forum.