Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
When wifi is enabled the whole phone responds slowly. Are there still issues which have to be solved for it?
I don't know why, but the browser has some problems. (It's quite slow)

Maybe it's synchronising after you connect to wifi? I've never had it go slow for any reason other than that.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Maybe it's synchronising after you connect to wifi? I've never had it go slow for any reason other than that.
do u by any chance have that zImage kernel instead of the other1?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
Iirc it's just shell script.
No way.

No way to hold/release wakelocks from shell script in android.
I see. But from the project goals it is planned to be a full replacement for bme (unless they have abandoned that plan for the less ambitious just allow charging in hostmode), so even if it is just a shell script, couldn't there be a simple helper program which is called by the shell script to handle the wakelock?

@superhero

Both. Fancy Widget seems to slow Gingerbread down to a halt; maybe it's the same for other widgets.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I see. But from the project goals it is planned to be a full replacement for bme (unless they have abandoned that plan for the less ambitious just allow charging in hostmode), so even if it is just a shell script, couldn't there be a simple helper program which is called by the shell script to handle the wakelock?
I'm afraid wakelock released automatically after process EOL (crash or exit), so only solution would be rewrite it in C/C++.

Btw, I don't see Gingerbread going to sleep while charging (after patching framework for UMS support).

Last edited by e-yes; 2011-01-08 at 18:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Regarding the strace issue which solved means that maybe we ve got less random reboots?
Strace gives more comfortable development/debugging environment. With more comfortable ecosystem, there's a bigger chance to fix more problems/bugs or write new features. Strace doesn't give stability, but it gives ability to _make_ system more stable

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
Strace gives more comfortable development/debugging environment. With more comfortable ecosystem, there's a bigger chance to fix more problems/bugs or write new features. Strace doesn't give stability, but it gives ability to _make_ system more stable
Exactly that I wanted to say. A tool that helps you to fix problems much easily than before. A great tool for a drunk debugger!

How come I can't connect Gingerbread to my computer to transfer files, I have disabled debugging on usb but that didn't do anything.
Has this been disabled and if so how do I enable it?
Thanks in advance!

hi
excuse me but i am too lazy so i cant read per posts . can some one tell me which files should i remove from previous installed nitdroid before installing Gingerbread.