Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by greenbelt View Post
Got a GLOBE prepaid sim card. N900 is showing 3G, but can not use internet. Do I need to activate data rate on Globe? Any advice?
no.....if you have data plan or enough credits, it should work.

in other cases, check your connection settings. (APN, proxy, port) unfortunately, some SIM cards does not have internet connections built in, so you need to manually set it up.

EDIT: better download fapn app first.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Yung deb files pwede yan buksan using winrar or preferably 7zip. Problem mo lang jan is yung mga permissions o symlinks kaso di yan supported ng windows. Or if linux ka should be extractable na yan eh

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Muscat
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post

in other cases, check your connection settings. (APN, proxy, port) unfortunately, some SIM cards does not have internet connections built in, so you need to manually set it up.

baka luma yung sim card mo... yung hindi nagana sa internet settings ng globe, try mo yung bagong sim nila na tattoo.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
guys. i have a question. is it possible to send files in mydocs to other phones? can we enable file sharing?

I think the built in settings are wrong for the prepaid Globe SIM cards. The way I fixed this was by automatically getting the settings from Globe by messaging GO N900,,1234 to the number 2951 and writing down the settings I received. Of course since they send you a choice of three settings myGlobe CONNECT, myGlobe Gaming, and myGlobe INET, you have use fapn to create more connections because it overwrites the previous ones.
The settings are:
myGlobe INET
Access point name: http.globe.com.ph
User name: leave blank
Password: leave blank
uncheck prompt password if checked
Under the advanced settings uncheck the use proxy box if checked.
Check Auto-retrieve IP address and auto-retrieve DNS.

The gaming setting is the same except that the APN is: game.globe.com.ph

The myGlobe CONNECT uses a proxy and has settings for it so I would just use the auto setup from the SMS and just type in the settings for the others. However, you do need to delete the user name and password because they say NONE rather than just being blank.

Actually, the best one is the INET connection since the CONNECT only lets you browse the web.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
i would have to agree on that. for the longest time i spent a lot of money trying to connect to CONNECT when i should be using the INET one.

guys anyone know how much a brand new n900 cost in the philippines? and are there plenty of stock?

Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
guys. i have a question. is it possible to send files in mydocs to other phones? can we enable file sharing?
we have file sharing

-download Petrovich (PR 1.1)
-tap and hold on a file in MyDocs and select "Share" (PR 1.2 and up)

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Originally Posted by rNeilC View Post
guys anyone know how much a brand new n900 cost in the philippines? and are there plenty of stock?
about PHP 15k less or greater.

Nokia have discontinued N900 manufacturing. too bad, they did not provide NAM versions...(for North America 3G)

about PHP 15k less or greater.

Nokia have discontinued N900 manufacturing. too bad, they did not provide NAM versions...(for North America 3G)
15K? When I popped into a Nokia store a few days ago it was PHP 23,150.
It does have North American 3G, assuming, that you have T-mobile and you live in an area where they provide 3G.

The Following User Says Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
filipino, jovit, nokia n900, pacman, pinoy ako, pinoys, selling n900