Today I was comparing my N900 with some other phones such as Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Iphone 4, Samsung Galaxy S and Nokia N8 and came to the solution that all high end devices have something stupid in them.
Lets start from our own

1. N900
Everything is perfect except for resistive touch. Nokia gave capacitive touch to X6 which was released nearly at the same time as N900. It would have been a complete phone with it.

2. Nokia N8
Everything is perfect in it except Symbian OS. For God's Sake Nokia "Symbian" its old school.

3. Xperia X10.
It has a good hardware and Android(One of leading OS in the market) except that its android is always out of date. When android 2.3 was being made they had their stupid a**es on 1.6. Now they finally got 2.1 and 2.4 is under consideration.

4. Galaxy S
Everything is perfect but it is not durable at all.My brothers Galaxy S slipped down from the height of chest and its screen is broken.

5. Iphone 4
The leading high end device in the market. Everything is perfect except for its famous Antenna problem. What is a purpose of the phone if call drops everytime you pick it up.

I think all these big companies should merge together to make a real high end device with every feature available in the market.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Haider For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If a device were ever perfect, they would not be able to sell you the replacement.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Haider View Post
Today I was comparing my N900 with some other phones such as Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Iphone 4, Samsung Galaxy S and Nokia N8 and came to the solution that all high end devices have something stupid in them.
Lets start from our own

1. N900
Everything is perfect except for resistive touch. Nokia gave capacitive touch to X6 which was released nearly at the same time as N900. It would have been a complete phone with it.

I can use a stylus, my n900 is complete with it, I can be more acurate with angry birds and I have the choice of using it for painting with pressure rather than numbers!

2. Nokia N8
Everything is perfect in it except Symbian OS. For God's Sake Nokia "Symbian" its old school.

I moved from a symbian phone to n900 cause it was better, symbian was the best previous choice.

3. Xperia X10.
It has a good hardware and Android(One of leading OS in the market) except that its android is always out of date. When android 2.3 was being made they had their stupid a**es on 1.6. Now they finally got 2.1 and 2.4 is under consideration.

Android will prove to be locked in in the same way that apple tried to restrict vlc. n900 is not! period.

4. Galaxy S
Everything is perfect but it is not durable at all.My brothers Galaxy S slipped down from the height of chest and its screen is broken.

its a phone ...

5. Iphone 4
The leading high end device in the market. Everything is perfect except for its famous Antenna problem. What is a purpose of the phone if call drops everytime you pick it up.

actually its not leading ... learn ya facts dude.

I think all these big companies should merge together to make a real high end device with every feature available in the market.
what a muppet post.

rgds

Last edited by uTMY; 2011-01-11 at 00:34.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uTMY For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
all of that is matter of opinion, find a phone you like. and everything in life has its pros and cons, its not just a phone thing.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
what a muppet post.
The irony is not lost on me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
For the same reason all high-end people do.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
we live in an imperfect world...so is it really such a surprise we don't have perfect devices??

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
1. N900
Personal preference. I would've been much less likely to buy it if it was capacitive. Give me portrait mode system wide, and to me this phone is complete - or at least enough to make me truly fulfilled with this phone.

(If possible, higher Flash versions, and some hardware mods for better RAM, CPU, and multitouch resistive would be lovely, but let's face it, those aren't happening in the reasonably close future.)

2. Nokia N8
Again, personal preference. There's plenty of people who like Symbian just fine. It doesn't match the mass-accepted American smart phone experience, but it goes just fine with most of the world, last I checked. I DO think Symbian isn't that great, but like iOS, it's good at what it's made for, exceptionally so. It just can't reach outside its box; but neither can iOS. It's just the masses like the iOS box more than the Symbian box nowadays. But not to worry. In a few more generations, Apple gadgets won't be cool anymore, they'll be the stuff you saw your parents and grandparents growing up with. And everyone knows that ****'s never attractive to the next generation.[/QUOTE]

3. Xperia X10.
Nothing much to say. If it's not coming with those shitty custom-firmware-flashing-ROM-sabotaging things, you can always get the latest Android on it, I'm sure, if you know where to look.

[4. Galaxy S
Eh, could be a one-time thing. Though if you've looked around and many Galaxy S's are that fragile, you can always just make sure you have it in a full-body case (leather or something similar) so that it cushions the impact if you do drop it.

5. Iphone 4
Everything? (Resists urge to ramble about utterly closed OS, Alarm bugs that they keep having over and over apparently, disemboweled bluetooth stack, stripped functionality, limited "multitasking", the abysmal auto-correct when typing, etc, etc... [well, I resisted going into detail when rambling].)

Honestly, the antenna thing isn't that big of a deal. It's pretty much a matter of luck as to whether or not you have the wrong hands for the phone. If your hands work with it, you'll be fine. If your hands happen to have just the right composition/oiliness to short the antennas, you're screwed, but you can buy a bumper for like 10 dollars and problem solved.

I think, if you honestly believe the iPhone is the 'ultimate experience', then buy one, if you have the antenna problem, buy a bumper, and it'll be worth it. I don't think it's perfect - but if it's perfect for what YOU want in a phone, then go for it. Not sure how much you'll really feel you're happy with it if you actually do like the N900, which you seem to based on your other posts, but you know yourself best, I hope.

If it's perfect for you, getting a slim bumper/case to avoid the antenna issue would definitely be worth it.

Ah, what it feels like to dream. Reminds me of earlier in this post when I was contemplating hardware-modding the N900 into non-impending-obsolescence. Those were the days. Ah the nostalgia.

Seriously, my recommendation to you, is consider if the iPhone is really perfect for you, and if the only thing stopping you is the antenna, get it anyway, because it's only a small chance you'll be effected by it, and if you are, it's not that expensive to get a bumper to avoid the issue.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-11 at 01:27. Reason: I screwed up one of the quote tags

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I think a better point in this thread would be the need to jailbreak/root and Motorola's insistence on signing the kernel. That's the only thing that kills the Atrix concept for me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Personal preference. I would've been much less likely to buy it if it was capacitive. Give me portrait mode system wide, and to me this phone is complete - or at least enough to make me truly fulfilled with this phone.

(If possible, higher Flash versions, and some hardware mods for better RAM, CPU, and multitouch resistive would be lovely, but let's face it, those aren't happening in the reasonably close future.)

Again, personal preference. There's plenty of people who like Symbian just fine. It doesn't match the mass-accepted American smart phone experience, but it goes just fine with most of the world, last I checked. I DO think Symbian isn't that great, but like iOS, it's good at what it's made for, exceptionally so. It just can't reach outside its box; but neither can iOS. It's just the masses like the iOS box more than the Symbian box nowadays. But not to worry. In a few more generations, Apple gadgets won't be cool anymore, they'll be the stuff you saw your parents and grandparents growing up with. And everyone knows that ****'s never attractive to the next generation.

Nothing much to say. If it's not coming with those shitty custom-firmware-flashing-ROM-sabotaging things, you can always get the latest Android on it, I'm sure, if you know where to look.

Eh, could be a one-time thing. Though if you've looked around and many Galaxy S's are that fragile, you can always just make sure you have it in a full-body case (leather or something similar) so that it cushions the impact if you do drop it.

5. Iphone 4
The leading high end device in the market. Everything is perfect except for its famous Antenna problem. What is a purpose of the phone if call drops everytime you pick it up./QUOTE]
Everything? (Resists urge to ramble about utterly closed OS, Alarm bugs that they keep having over and over apparently, disemboweled bluetooth stack, stripped functionality, limited "multitasking", the abysmal auto-correct when typing, etc, etc... [well, I resisted going into detail when rambling].)

Honestly, the antenna thing isn't that big of a deal. It's pretty much a matter of luck as to whether or not you have the wrong hands for the phone. If your hands work with it, you'll be fine. If your hands happen to have just the right composition/oiliness to short the antennas, you're screwed, but you can buy a bumper for like 10 dollars and problem solved.

I think, if you honestly believe the iPhone is the 'ultimate experience', then buy one, if you have the antenna problem, buy a bumper, and it'll be worth it. I don't think it's perfect - but if it's perfect for what YOU want in a phone, then go for it. Not sure how much you'll really feel you're happy with it if you actually do like the N900, which you seem to based on your other posts, but you know yourself best, I hope.

If it's perfect for you, getting a slim bumper/case to avoid the antenna issue would definitely be worth it.

Ah, what it feels like to dream. Reminds me of earlier in this post when I was contemplating hardware-modding the N900 into non-impending-obsolescence. Those were the days. Ah the nostalgia.

Seriously, my recommendation to you, is consider if the iPhone is really perfect for you, and if the only thing stopping you is the antenna, get it anyway, because it's only a small chance you'll be effected by it, and if you are, it's not that expensive to get a bumper to avoid the issue.
In fact I dont like Iphone at all and N900 is thr best phone available . But I prefer capacitive touch. One reason is that my N900's touch is less sensitive than of fewof my friends. I think it is because it has fallen alot of times.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haider For This Useful Post:

Tags
is this real?, not galaxy s!