Notices

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by Haider View Post
Someone help me out. I am 17 and I dont have a credit card or any other card. How can I get these drivers?
paypal and a bank account, or google.

Someone help me out. I am 17 and I dont have a credit card or any other card. How can I get these drivers?
Work as a gigolo (with some stripping on the side) for a while until you get enough money to go to Austria, at which point you can personally give lxp the money.

I suspect your question is more "how do I get it for free?" Just look through the thread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
Intressting because im getting battery drain after usage.
The phone also gets hot.

Is there a tool to monitor the wlan (or is it the CPU?) activity`?

Edit: I might be wrong, let me come back on this.
First want to say that I'm so greatfull to lxp and all maemo community, for making my N900 better and better every single day!

I want to add some observation only when the injection driver is loaded
Code:
# sh load.sh
The battery drainage is heavy regardless wlan0 is connected to AP or not - without using software for package injection during that period of time. Over all temperature is going higher that normal for may N900 ( ussualy 27-33°C raising up to 37-40°C)

I just spot it that module omap2_mc spi is loading CPU more than normal? Can somebody confirm that?
This solve the problem
Code:
#sh unload.sh
Except that over all experience with all fixes is great - I have better sensitivity and reception that before and no dropping the connection at all on places than before was hard to work without loosing signal every 1-5 minutes.

Adding a few screenshots, injection is working!

For interested battery graph image with some 'on picture' explanation

Cheers! Keep the good work lxp!
Attached Images

Last edited by mveplus; 2011-01-12 at 13:40. Reason: spell, shoot up

The Following User Says Thank You to mveplus For This Useful Post:
U do just google for wl1251-maemo-0.1.tar.gz
lxp, time to stop "donations" cause actualy u selling ur driver undercover of donations.
If u wanna sell them do it legally, pay taxes

P.S. Dont forget to make a mirrors of downloaded stuff, so others can download it, in case if lxp will report abuse to file hosting service.

Last edited by devdsp; 2011-01-12 at 17:52.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by mveplus View Post
First want to say that I'm so greatfull to lxp and all maemo community, for making my N900 better and better every single day!

I want to add some observation only when the injection driver is loaded
Code:
# sh load.sh
The battery drainage is heavy regardless wlan0 is connected to AP or not - without using software for package injection during that period of time. Over all temperature is going higher that normal for may N900 ( ussualy 27-33°C raising up to 37-40°C)

I just spot it that module omap2_mc spi is loading CPU more than normal? Can somebody confirm that?
This solve the problem
Code:
#sh unload.sh
Except that over all experience with all fixes is great - I have better sensitivity and reception that before and no dropping the connection at all on places than before was hard to work without loosing signal every 1-5 minutes.

Adding a few screenshots, injection is working!

For interested battery graph image with some 'on picture' explanation

Cheers! Keep the good work lxp!
I don't have this problem, actually, at all. I've been watching my battery usage since I've seen the first report of heavy battery usage on this thread.

I've actually left lxp's driver loaded overnight, and/or for hours at a time, and haven't noticed significant battery drain - even in comparison to leaving the WiFi modules/drivers unloaded (which is what I normally do, using Advance Interface Switcher). Barely any, if any, difference in battery use for me.

I ALSO have left the interface in monitor mode... Now that DOES use up more battery and causes the device to heat up a little. But that's because if you look in the stats iwconfig/ifconfig reports, the wifi card is busy receiving and processing quite a lot of packets, so unless you're completely outside the range of any wifi APs, it will be using wifi card/cpu a lot more than it would if all your interfaces are in managed more.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/44030122...emo-0.1.tar.gz

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/44030122...emo-0.1.tar.gz
With all due respect to the author... You don't have to at least bump the download link on his own thread.
He was asking donations before you can download that at least let other maemo users search on their own.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
With all due respect to the author... You don't have to at least bump the download link on his own thread.
He was asking donations before you can download that at least let other maemo users search on their own.
And why not? Is this moral **** u talking bout or just u feel painfull as u donate (in fact paid) and other can get it just for free?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hey some people just have no morals or respect.

Originally Posted by devdsp
And why not? Is this moral **** u talking bout or just u feel painfull as u donate (in fact paid) and other can get it just for free?
Most people around here want to support those who give up their time, and put in a lot of effort to produce something as great as this.

I downloaded the drivers last week (for free), tried it out, and have donated some money to him.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by devdsp View Post
Regardless of what he's talking about, there's a very simple fact that's completely irrelevant to the forced-donation thing:

If you can't search a 20 page thread for a download link, you don't deserve whatever that download link contains. You sure as hell shouldn't be running around with injection drivers if you can't at least be bothered to do the reading up necessary to stumble upon the links in this thread.

ALSO, if lxp wanted to complain about this (report the link to the hosting site as copyright infringing), that link would probably be deader than dead weeks ago. And so would any other download link posted on here.

lxp has already shown himself to be extremely mature about this whole thing, even in lieu of how much he got screwed over financially to begin with.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251