Active Topics

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Well you say that, but on the 3 computers I have tried it on, with the latest versions of OVI and PC suites, messaging doesn't work and all mention of it is a greyed out.

So if you did something in addition to installing and hooking the device by USB please fill me in on the details.
With Ovi Suite 2.2.1.23 and PC Suite 7.1.51.0. works messaging without any problems.There is no need to hack.

Messaging doesn't work neither for me. I have both versions of OVI and PC Suite. They were upgraded from previous version. Maybe I should remove them completely and make fresh installation. I will try.

I removed OVI and PC Suite, I also used for this PC Suite Cleaner. Now I only installed (again) PC Suite 7.1.51.0 and there is now sight of working messaging. Messaging window is empty, also under "File -> New" I have disabled "Message". My OS is Vista 32-bit.

EDIT: I installed also latest OVI Suite and situation is the same, no messaging support for me (and obviously for some others, too) .

Last edited by kolos; 2010-11-21 at 16:13.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
PC Suite + XP Home 32bit and N900 + messaging

The Following User Says Thank You to MaemoJirka For This Useful Post:
Finally I can see messages in OVI suite 2.2.1.23 under Vista 32.

How I made it?
Because I didn't know what was causing issue, I decided to remove all Nokia's components from my PC. I used Revo Uninstaller 1.90 (freeware) for that. First in Revo's search box I typed word "Nokia" to see just Nokia's applications/drivers. Then I uninstall them one by one in Advanced mode (to delete all files and registry entries). After that I rebooted my PC and installed OVI Suite (requires another reboot to complete installation). Now OVI Suite is showing all my messages.

EDIT: Also messaging is working in PC Suite 7.1.51.0

Last edited by kolos; 2010-12-10 at 23:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdom
Just updated Ovi Suite to the new version 3.0.0.284 - as it is available via the inbuilt software updater I am assuming this is no longer a Beta.

I now appear to have full compatibility with my N900, including messaging and music support. V. Happy...... at last! :-)

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friends,

I happened to re-format my whole computer as I was doing some kind of multi-boot setup (I installed Windows XP, 7, and some Linux distros). In both Windows XP and Windows 7, first thing I installed was the latest Nokia Ovi Suite - version 3.0.0.284. Turns out to be fully working with my N900...everything working like a charm!

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Sigh. Still no Ovi Suite Linux support....

Down-right pitiful that an 'open' phone requires a proprietary Windows application to manage it..

EDIT: Yea, you're right. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by craftyguy; 2011-01-13 at 04:42.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
Sigh. Still no Ovi Suite Linux support....

Down-right pitiful that an 'open' phone requires a proprietary Windows application to manage it..
I've never "needed" Ovi Suite for anything. At all. I never used it. There's nothing that it can do that on-device applications can't do. There's some things it can make easier, but it's sure as hell not necessary.

- In other news -

Now, how many of you actually stopped and said "hey, maybe this BS most of us keep spewing about Nokia no-longer-supporting-the-N900, never-giving-updates-to-the-N900, etc, etc, is actually not true"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Now, how many of you actually stopped and said "hey, maybe this BS most of us keep spewing about Nokia no-longer-supporting-the-N900, never-giving-updates-to-the-N900, etc, etc, is actually not true"?
Nope. The new argument will be how this should have been in place during the launch and not at the end of the life.

Troll 101 - still make a positive into a negative at all costs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: