@cfh11

Ok the title perhaps is mis-named... the point was that if you are waiting for Meego and whatever it may deliver, the fact is that Honeycomb is moving as a fast pace and comparing the two, Honeycomb may indeed tick most the boxes that people want.

The direction of the debate I'd like to hear is more whether people feel like the window of opportunity is fast closing if Meego does not come out soon, because of the *momentum* of Android.

@JorgeFX no sorry thread must have slipped off my radar! Will hop over to your thread and have a read! Cheers

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Ha ..... I think android win.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
evolve III MeeGo slate.
http://evolvethree.com.au/meego-slate.html

BtW it comes with Dual Boot of Android/MeeGo/Win7in proto
UI demo video below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGgO...layer_embedded

Quick chatter from a demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15JknvAYtMY

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-01-13 at 17:40.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by dymaxion View Post
@cfh11

Ok the title perhaps is mis-named... the point was that if you are waiting for Meego and whatever it may deliver, the fact is that Honeycomb is moving as a fast pace and comparing the two, Honeycomb may indeed tick most the boxes that people want.

The direction of the debate I'd like to hear is more whether people feel like the window of opportunity is fast closing if Meego does not come out soon, because of the *momentum* of Android.
Look at Android. It walked through the "closed window" dominated by a multi-tasking multi-manufacturer Symbian and Blackberry OS on RIM devices with fewer chops and ZERO user base on day one. If MeeGo has a good enough hammer it will be able to open the OS window. If it is crippled by lack of functionality, mediocre hardware or too high a price point then it will close the window itself be it in 2011 or later.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Enh. Android still doesn't do what I want it to do - i.e. stop pretending to be something other than a Google twist on the J2ME concept.

I mean, I have a Google account and I like it and wouldn't mind getting more mileage out of it, but I love my n900 to want to go for anything less flexible.

Wow! Honeycomb looks awesome! It looks just like Maemo/Meego!

Er, right. NOTHING impressed me there and that's not just because I've got an N900 running Maemo.... well okay actually it is, because I've already got a user interface which looks just like that to be honest?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
Look at Android. It walked through the "closed window" dominated by a multi-tasking multi-manufacturer Symbian and Blackberry OS on RIM devices with fewer chops and ZERO user base on day one.
The biggest reason Android grew so fast (compared to Nokia/Symbian and iPhone) is:
-CDMA
(no iOS or Symbian on CDMA).

The previous CDMA handsets (except for Blackberry) were about the same as what GSM ditched 5 years ago.

Google will take over the world