Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm. The first thing I would do is try to isolate the fault. If you can, try connecting the n900 to another TV, and see if you still have the problem. Also, if you can, try using the n900's earphones (or some other external headphones or speakers) to listen to some music or other audio; if that works, then it is likely that at least the headphone jack is still functioning correctly...
we have two 32" lcds, philips and samsung, and both act the same way. i was able to listen to music since the beginning, but i cant tell now sice the nokia headphones broke down THE SECOND TIME and the warranty doesnt cover it after 6 mths... anyway, i was able to lsiten to music perfectly!

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
we have two 32" lcds, philips and samsung, and both act the same way. i was able to listen to music since the beginning, but i cant tell now sice the nokia headphones broke down THE SECOND TIME and the warranty doesnt cover it after 6 mths... anyway, i was able to lsiten to music perfectly!
Actually, that might be enough to isolate the problem pretty well: I believe audio for tv-out should be using the same electrical path as audio for headphones. So, if you are able to listen to music through headphones, but cannot hear the same music over the TV speakers on either TV, odds are that there is a problem with the tv-out cable itself.

Anyway, that's my best guess. My next step would be to try a different tv-out cable, but I don't know how easy it would be for you to run that test...

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Honestly, this seems like such a minor bug to me! Does everybody think the inability to display a few types of video over NTSC tv-out is like "half" of the value of an n900? In any case, the new tv-out control widget mentioned earlier in this thread does fix the problem; I just installed it and tried it out this morning. Here, again, is a link to the announcement of that widget:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=68294
Hey it worked....excellent....so it was a software glitch only....thanks again for the link ....now able to watch high resolution recorded videos again

The control widget allows scale adjustment. Bumping the default (90) down a point or two was enough to cause the video to appear on the external display. Thank you!